Just received 2022 tax refund!

Last FIDO form due 2/11. Still fighting with FIDO regarding my "free" version of TurboTax; my Private Client Group Rep's name dropped off and been trying to get it fixed. Simple question (in case FIDO does not come through on free copy): All I have is 1099-R (IRA distribution well above cutoff for free filing), 1099-DIV (including qualified dividends), and 1099-INT; I did not sell anything this year. Can I use Deluxe instead of Premiere?

thanks,

Marc

My Fidelity due date for my consolidated 1099 recently slipped from 2/11 to 2/25, so you might be in the same boat.

Filed 2/2, refund posted overnight 2/8-2/9. A bit surprised at the speed as this was the first year with no W-2 income and the refund was PTC. Figured they'd be mad I quit playing the game....

First time using FreeTaxUSA. Happy with the product, especially for free, handled 1099-NEC, PTC, and everything easily. As long as it's free, I"m a "customer"!

I filed our federal tax return on 2-2-23. It was accepted by the IRS on 2-3-23 and we received our anticipated refund today, 2-9-23. I'm impressed.

I used H & R Block e-file.

Filed state and federal 2/1 using turbotax deluxe instead of premiere for the first time (1099-R, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT) and received the federal overpayment in my bank account today. Still waiting for state overpayment. 8 days is pretty good for the IRS.

We have got all of our documents and I have updated my data (H&R Block) with the final numbers, but I did a test comparing using the federal standard deduction vs. itemized. Due to the way Maryland taxes work, you can only itemize deductions on the state return if you itemize them on federal. Using the standard deduction I get $102 back from Federal and $267 back from state. Using itemized deductions I owe $605 on the Federal but get back $1,426 from state. The latter increases my net federal+state refund by $352. So time to go over my data again to make sure I did not mess things up :).

We have got all of our documents and I have updated my data (H&R Block) with the final numbers, but I did a test comparing using the federal standard deduction vs. itemized. Due to the way Maryland taxes work, you can only itemize deductions on the state return if you itemize them on federal. Using the standard deduction I get $102 back from Federal and $267 back from state. Using itemized deductions I owe $605 on the Federal but get back $1,426 from state. The latter increases my net federal+state refund by $352. So time to go over my data again to make sure I did not mess things up :).

STILL short a couple of documents and we have called them (promised quick follow up.) I guess we'll see. Of course, the big thing is that the CPA has HER schedule and we don't see her for a month IIRC.

This may be a record. Fidelity told me to check back on 2/11/23, and there it was, my last brokerage 1099 completed.

Looking at the 1099 it’s going to be a massive download.

This may be a record. Fidelity told me to check back on 2/11/23, and there it was, my last brokerage 1099 completed.

Looking at the 1099 it’s going to be a massive download.

Fido had been telling me 2/11 since mid-January, and voila, it was there on 2/11. Filed the next day.

Effective rate of .6% :dance:

Fido had been telling me 2/11 since mid-January, and voila, it was there on 2/11. Filed the next day.

Effective rate of .6% :dance:

That’s what they told me too and it showed up as promised. I entered it into Turbo Tax Deluxe (gave up on a free Premier) during never-ending pre-Super Bowl programming.

I don’t match that effective rate unfortunately but it’s OK.

We got our 1099s this week, but as usual one of them says
THIS IS NOT FINAL TAX INFORMATION
You have income from securities where final tax information is not currently available. When updated tax information on these securities is received, corrected information will be provided. To reduce the possibility of filing an amended return, you should wait to file your income tax return until the updated information is provided to you. Please refer to the Not Final Information page for details.

The "not final" funds are a REIT and one that pays foreign tax.

:rolleyes:Whats a refund :confused::confused::confused::confused:??

Our taxable income dropped so much in 2022 that even after only paying three quarters of estimated taxes I still overpaid. The overpayment will be applied to 2023 estimated taxes.

And I had even booked some extra gains when I realized the income drop to pull future taxable income into 2022. Still had to cancel the scheduled 4th estimated tax payment.

I normally try to avoid refunds.

My daughter filed on 2/6 and got her Fed refund back today 2/13.

I filed on Sunday 2/12. Nothing back so far….

Last edited:
My son does my taxes so I emailed everything to him. I try to keep it so either I owe or get a small amount. Basically trying to break even.

I finally received my 2021 refund on Friday. I filed on 4/18/22.

Heh, heh, guess that'll teach you to file before the big rush in April.:facepalm::LOL:

I'm sure there's a story to go with your post, but maybe it's better to just let the post speak for itself. It's a good story without any pesky details. Thanks for making our day.:cool:

Still waiting on Schwab's 1099's and also a couple of K-1's (late March). Lots of time to review any data I have now....

Gosh, I’m so glad I don’t have to wait to receive K-1s!

As estate executor I issued some this January.

Gosh, I’m so glad I don’t have to wait to receive K-1s!

As estate executor I issued some this January.

Yeah, got my last one last year. Businesses own you - not the other way around.

Finally! E-filed and accepted this afternoon.

No refund - applied overpayment to 2023 taxes. And I scheduled all 4 estimated tax payments for 2023 via EFTPS.

Fidelity got the 1099s out in record time this year which was nice.

Got my 2022 Louisiana tax refund yesterday! I usually complain about how slow they are with refunds, but I guess now I need to take that back. I will use it to help pay for my new roof. :D

I estimated pretty good this year. Federal refund $75 and State refund $218. Both applied to 2023 estimated taxes.

I filed my Federal on 3/6 via H&R Block. It stayed pending until 3/10, when it was rejected by the IRS. The reason for rejection, according to H&R Block:

Problem: Your return was rejected because of a problem with our e-file process. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Solution: The problem has been identified and will be corrected in an update that will be available for download the end of the day on 3/13/2023 .
After you download and install the update, you can resubmit your return for e-file again.
However, the next planned update is actually scheduled (according to the software) for 3/17. I will just wait until then and try again. I owe money on the Federal return, so I can be patient about this :).

I estimated pretty good this year. Federal refund $75 and State refund $218. Both applied to 2023 estimated taxes.

That's amazing!

We typically receive several $K refund (or apply to next year.) Back when cash paid nothing, that didn't hurt so badly, I'm thinking we need to mend our ways and estimate a bit better. Problem is, we really don't understand our own taxes and just let the CPA take care of stuff. Only real "lever" we understand is how much withholding we allow when we take RMDs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom