just retired!!

Today marks the second anniversary of my retirement. Congratulations to you. Give yourself some time to adjust. It took me about a year to really wind down. I can honestly say I'm full unwound now. ;)

Congratulations! I know a lot of people say they loved retirement from the first day, but it took me about six months to get into the swing of things. Hope you enjoy your retirement from day one.

Welcome to Life 2.0. The fun relaxed side. I think you will enjoy it over here.

Yesterday was my last day. Today is my first day of the rest of my life!!
Still trying to wrap my head around it.
I’m so happy for you. You seem very excited! I can tell you this: on my first night as a “free man”, I learned what it was to sleep uninterrupted for a whole night. And almost every night since. Stress, be gone. Everyday is Saturday!

Five years into retirement and still loving the feeling of not going to work. Congrats to you for making it over the wall.

Congratulations!

I am down to part time and expect to leave midicorp in less than 2 years. It's very helpful to hear the experience, especially emotional, of those like yourself who have just retired.

Please keep us posted on how you feel.

Wow, wonderful news that will get better with age. I still have another 7 years.

Huge congrats! Keep us updated on how it goes as you adjust to FIRE life.
I love these kinds of posts...they're so encouraging! The relief and excitement is contagious and I get excited about the future all over again. :)

Heading that way soon myself.
Do you intend to work part time or stay completely out of the job market?

Today marks the second anniversary of my retirement. Congratulations to you. Give yourself some time to adjust. It took me about a year to really wind down. I can honestly say I'm full unwound now. ;)

Ditto for me. I’m almost 2 years in and I think it was almost a year before I finally wound down from the stress...

I don't plan on deciding anything about work just yet. I will give it 6 months to figure out my new normal. Will keep contacts active for sure. For the next 2 weeks I have to plan and complete funeral for my Dad and also his burial. So far it has been a busy 2 weeks with obligations and stuff I had been putting off due to work.

I don't plan on deciding anything about work just yet. I will give it 6 months to figure out my new normal. Will keep contacts active for sure. For the next 2 weeks I have to plan and complete funeral for my Dad and also his burial. So far it has been a busy 2 weeks with obligations and stuff I had been putting off due to work.

I'm happy that you've retired, but so sorry about your Dad.

I've been retired 12 years, and we've moved a couple of times during that time. I also moved my parents twice before losing them, and an aunt a couple of times. We ended up with so much "stuff" from relatives that it's been debilitating.

We kept in contact with our friends from work just for a short time. Now, no one ever even talks to each other since we're all living in different states.

I just pray you can quickly hit your "new normal" life where you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Sorry to hear about your dad.
You will eventually settle in and have a great retirement.

Congrats

“Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t”:LOL:

Thanks all. Can't believe I am retired.
So much to do. Calendar is full of stuff already.

Back
Top Bottom