LAX kiosk machine printed a big X on my printout

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yesterday, we landed in LAX and went thru kiosk machine for our family of 4. My paper printout shows a big X on it. I did not know what that means. The border custom lady stamped all 4 papers, without asking us any questions.

So, big X means the head of the family?

I have Global Entry, and at least three times, received the big 'X' on the kiosk generated form. Then I was directed to the agent who handles the big 'X' forms (you do not have to get on the long line as if you failed). He looks at the form, and shrugs his shoulders (each time) and says it might be the finger print scan, or something similar; welcomes me home and I'm on my way. It never slowed me down at all.

Rich

... Then I was directed to the agent who handles the big 'X' forms (you do not have to get on the long line as if you failed). ... It never slowed me down at all.

Rich

Yeah, it is nice that in the event of an X (which also can be randomly assigned), you go right to the front of the line or to an assigned agent.

Nice! Can I bring a felt-tipped pen and make the X myself?

I get the X every time I come back from traveling overseas by myself. I usually get quizzed at length and the agent usually types a lot of stuff into their computer.

Vacation or business? Vacation

Why did you travel to X? Because it was a cheap fare and I've never been there.

Why are you traveling alone? Because my friends and family either don't have as much money to spend on vacation as me, don't have as much vacation time as me, or didn't want to go to X.

What do you do for a living? I'm a lead system expert.

Etc.

I think it's probably related to the fingerprint scan. I'm Global Entry, and out of the last 10 times I've used the kiosk coming back from Europe, I've only received the X once. I noticed that the scanner indicated good matches on only two of my fingers, so that was probably it. Most of the time I get a good match on all. I make it a point to rub my fingertips vigorously against my clothing for a few seconds before approaching the kiosk, just to make sure I have clean dry prints.

I get the X every time I come back from traveling overseas by myself. I usually get quizzed at length and the agent usually types a lot of stuff into their computer.

Vacation or business? Vacation

Why did you travel to X? Because it was a cheap fare and I've never been there.

Why are you traveling alone? Because my friends and family either don't have as much money to spend on vacation as me, don't have as much vacation time as me, or didn't want to go to X.

What do you do for a living? I'm a lead system expert.

Etc.

Yep, nothing like pissing off the border agents by showing them how good life could be.
They probably check a box at the end that says: "Give X on next trip" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom