Left-handed wireless mouse

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am on the computer for w*rk 9+ hours a day. I am left-handed, but have always moused with my right hand, which is killing my fingers & wrist. In order to give it a break, I thought I'd try my hand (sorry) at using a left-handed mouse.

I ordered one (not cheap) from Amazon, and it wouldn't connect to my computer. The mouse couldn't see the dongle & visa versa. And, the instructions are in Chinese. :facepalm:

Anyone have one to recommend before I try another?

The Logitech M510 can be used with either hand, the scroll wheel is in the center, buttons are equal on each side, and you can program which button controls which mouse function.

Have you considered a vertical mouse?

I had really bad carpal tunnel in my wrist and arm due to conventional mousing; it was excruciating. Doctor recommended a vertical mouse to align the forearm correctly.

I purchased an Evoluent Mouse, http://evoluent.com which, after a short while completely eliminated the pain.;)

Take a look.

_B

I am on the computer for w*rk 9+ hours a day. I am left-handed, but have always moused with my right hand, which is killing my fingers & wrist. In order to give it a break, I thought I'd try my hand (sorry) at using a left-handed mouse.

I ordered one (not cheap) from Amazon, and it wouldn't connect to my computer. The mouse couldn't see the dongle & visa versa. And, the instructions are in Chinese. :facepalm:

What sort of mouse are you using now? A larger mouse will usually require you to move your wrist and even your forearm, while a smaller mouse can usually be moved with just your fingers while your wrist is at rest, especially if you adjust the sensitivity. That might help. I'm left-handed like you, but mouse with my right hand as well. Unless you have a unique problem with your right hand, I'd fear you'd develop the same pains with your left hand.

change the settings in control pannel

i need a brake too

I'm using this now, so it can't be swapped out, unless I use it upside down. ;)

M570 Wireless Trackball - Logitech

It's not wireless, but I've been happy for a couple of years with this mouse:

Logitech G303

I don't need more than three buttons on a mouse, so I usually ignore the extra two. There's no reason you couldn't swap the left/right buttons and use this left-handed as well. This is a smaller mouse that I use with the heel of my palm resting on my mousing surface and move with my fingers. It does have another button in the center you can press to switch between two DPI settings (high/low).

Back
Top Bottom