Lemons: Poop on 'em...

How about some F sub zero values and disinfectant efficacy calculations on various species of pathogenic microaerophiles suspended in a midly isotonic solution of 0.9% saline solution with tryptone broth and magnesium salts? :D

Awesome!! Sounds like Dianetics!! No, actually it sounds like my sister's Masters thesis in Food Science. I quit reading after the 5th page...........:D:D

Eh, I think seeing the Asparita at this years asparagus festival was pretty much satisfactory for me as far as green vegetable based drinks go... :p

Busier than I thought, but for deep fried asparagus dipped in lemon mayonnaise, I dont mind dealing with a few people.

Garlic anything is good. Well without fecal matter on it i should say.

I spent about 50% of my time doing restaurant and food facility inspections (supermarkets, convenience stores, etc.). People, I can tell you that you do not want to know what happens in those kitchens or bathrooms.

I don't even want to know that I don't want to know :( -ERD50

I don't even want to know that I don't want to know :( -ERD50

The less you know the better you will enjoy fast food and many other things as well.

After working in hospital laboratories and auditing various public and private water sources, waste treatment plants, and other food/drug/device/diagnostic products manufacturing/processing operations you learn to admire the efficiency of one's immune system.

OK, just reassure me that a solution of phosphoric acid with a pH below 3.0 kills 99.999% of microbes with less than a one minute contact time, and I'll take some small comfort in that.

-ERD50

OK, just reassure me that a solution of phosphoric acid with a pH below 3.0 kills 99.999% of microbes with less than a one minute contact time, and I'll take some small comfort in that.

-ERD50

Sorry, some species of bacteria (in the spore state) might survive in this solution. Some actually thrive in hot acid pools in Yellowstone park. It is hard to find a place on Earth where they don't live.

The good news is the really nasty ones that cause disease are usually easy to kill. (Some viruses, spore formering bacteria and antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria are exceptions).

The good news is the really nasty ones that cause disease are usually easy to kill. (Some viruses, spore formering bacteria and antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria are exceptions).

The good news is good enough! Thanks!

-ERD50

Sorry, some species of bacteria (in the spore state) might survive in this solution. Some actually thrive in hot acid pools in Yellowstone park. It is hard to find a place on Earth where they don't live.

What's the toughest pathogen to kill, Norovirus??

What's the toughest pathogen to kill, Norovirus??

Norvirus is actually easy to kill with chlorinated water or drying.

The ones most difficult to "kill" are usually the spore-forming bacteria like Clostridium (tetnaus, botulism, and gangreen). To kill these requires pressurized steam (autoclaving), high concentrations of caustic chemicals usually with oxidizers or irradiation.

Any place that contacts human hands for any length of time is bound to get nasty after a while. Especially if food or drink is also involved.

Cleaning the keys with alcohol swabs and using a vacuum cleaner a few times a year will keep the bugs at bay.

Most people don't share a keyboard so any contamination is usually with your own bugs that your body is already "immune" to. Besides, your immune system needs to be challenged from time to time to keep it efficient.

Sounds as though lemons will do that for you.

Mind you, if lemons are contaminated, it means anything else those people touch will also be contaminated, such as bread, salad, and other stuff which isn't cooked before being brought to the table. Makes you wonder how anyone ever survives eating out.

To kill these requires pressurized steam (autoclaving), high concentrations of caustic chemicals usually with oxidizers or irradiation.
By that logic, my years in submarine engine rooms have made me immune & immortal...

Back
Top Bottom