Let's Pick on the Men Today!

I live alone so seat position is not a problem. Anytime I visit friends or relatives, it's no big deal to pay attention to the seat position when I enter the WC and if I change it, return it to it's original position.

Anyway, people shouldn't assume that the seat is where it needs to be. When I walk on a ped crosswalk with a stop sign, I stop and look to make sure that some idiot driver doesn't runs me over because (s)he didn't notice the stop sign. Most people have more faith in other people than I do. I ride my bicycle the same way.

MJ :D

I once sat down on the toilet when the bathroom was pretty dark, and the seat was up. It wasn't a pleasant experience, and for a week after that I was really good about putting down the seat.

Before I married my husband he usually would rent out a room to a friend to help make ends meet. His one question to them was " do you leave the seat up or down?". If the answer was leave it up he crossed you off the list. He feels it's good manners to put the seat down as well as the cover, where he learned this I'll never know but I'm not going to fight it LOL

TromboneAl said:
I once sat down on the toilet when the bathroom was pretty dark, and the seat was up.   It wasn't a pleasant experience, and for a week after that I was really good about putting down the seat.

Well I'm glad one of guys admits to "falling in". Falling in is a traumatic experience. It reminds me of my phobia of tub drains as a kid. I was convinced that I would be sucked down the drain.

I guess we could all do like Jack Nicholson did in "About Schmidt". Of course, he did get even after his movie wife died... :LOL:

I don't understand all this fuss about toilet seats. Me thinks it's all a tempest in a D-cup. :D

--Greg

DW constantly worries about sitting right on the porcelain at night when it is dark. Is it not a normal step in the bathroom visit to check the status of the toilet seat before using the toilet? Guys have to before every visit. I don't understand the issue with the toilet seat from a woman's perspective. But that can be added to the long list of other things about females I will never fully grasp.

Does anyone have his and hers toilets or a toilet and a urinal in their abode?

Back in the roaring 90s I remember reading that putting a urinal in the master bath was the in thing for those with too much money...

DanTien said:
Does anyone have his and hers toilets or a toilet and a urinal in their abode?

All the toilets are hers. ::)

justin said:
DW constantly worries about sitting right on the porcelain at night when it is dark.  Is it not a normal step in the bathroom visit to check the status of the toilet seat before using the toilet? 

Well, at night we don't turn the light on in the bathroom which is just across the bedroom to avoid waking the other person. It is really dark in that downstairs bathroom because there are no windows there. I suppose we could turn on a night light but it's hard to sleep with even a little bit of light, and closing doors adds to noise when moving from one room to another.

Checking the toilet seat with one's hands is not a habit I want to start.

As per the posts reflecting on why women do not automatically check the status of the toilet seat ... Perhaps when they approach the fixture they do not stand in front of it before remembering what to do next. I surmise that they are into a 180 degree turn during the final approach step.

Ol_Rancher said:
As per the posts reflecting on why women do not automatically check the status of the toilet seat ... Perhaps when they approach the fixture they do not stand in front of it before remembering what to do next. I surmise that they are into a 180 degree turn during the final approach step.

:LOL: I like that in a comment. Someone who can insult everybody with specific comments regarding their most valued attributes.

--Greg

Ol_Rancher said:

That's right, we back into the toilet, not stand in front of it :D

I can't believe we're still discussing toilet seats. :LOL:

flipstress said:
Well, at night we don't turn the light on in the bathroom which is just across the bedroom to avoid waking the other person. It is really dark in that downstairs bathroom because there are no windows there. I suppose we could turn on a night light but it's hard to sleep with even a little bit of light, and closing doors adds to noise when moving from one room to another.

I got these little flat square plug in lights, green (although I've seen blue ones). I think they consume a few watts of electricity in use per year, and throw a nice very pale blue or green light. Just enough to see by, but nowhere near enough to penetrate an eyelid. I have about ten of them sprinkled around the house...bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, hallway. Plenty of glow to see your way around in. Highly recommended.

Looks like this. The green ones have square instead of rounded lighting areas.

Attachments

• indiglo.jpg
    indiglo.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 56
flipstress said:
Checking the toilet seat with one's hands is not a habit I want to start.

As I have stated b4, I am more than willing to accomodate women's toilet seat needs, it's no big deal for me but don't you think there is something a bit wrong with your comment. You don't want to check the toilet seat with your hands then I ask you, what extended part of a man's body would we need to use to reposition the toilet seat in the dark of night if we need to do the #1 deed. :eek:
No matter what part we use, it doesn't sound too hygienic to me. :-\
It would be nice if man and woman would shared this difficult chore. :smitten:

() said:
I got these little flat square plug in lights, green (although I've seen blue ones). I think they consume a few watts of electricity in use per year, and throw a nice very pale blue or green light. Just enough to see by, but nowhere near enough to penetrate an eyelid. I have about ten of them sprinkled around the house...bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, hallway. Plenty of glow to see your way around in. Highly recommended.

Looks like this. The green ones have square instead of rounded lighting areas.
They sell toilet seats that glow?

MJ said:
It would be nice if man and woman would shared this difficult chore.  :smitten:

I think you put your finger on it. A man's need for a woman, at least until he is fairly old, is more urgent than a woman's need for a man. That's why there aren't very many heterosexual male prostitutes.

Therefore, whatever a woman charges, in cash or odd behavioral requirements, we tend to pay.

Until we won't.

Ha

flipstress said:
. . .Checking the toilet seat with one's hands is not a habit I want to start.
But men always have to use their hand to lift it. Why not assume it is always up instead of always down? :confused: :D

HaHa said:
] A man's need for a woman, at least until he is fairly old, is more urgent than a woman's need for a man.

Therefore, whatever a woman charges, in cash or odd behavioral requirements, we tend to pay.

Until we won't.

Ha

That's it... you want us you'll make us happy ;)

Outtahere said:
That's it... you want us you'll make us happy ;)

Gee, if I want you, how much will it cost me to make you happy?
Sounds a bit like the oldest profession negotiations, but what do I know. :D ;)

Gosh I think putting the toilet seat down is a small price to pay for so much enjoyment :)

MJ said:
As I have stated b4, I am more than willing to accomodate women's toilet seat needs, it's no big deal for me but don't you think there is something a bit wrong with your comment. You don't want to check the toilet seat with your hands then I ask you, what extended part of a man's body would we need to use to reposition the toilet seat in the dark of night if we need to do the #1 deed.  :eek:
No matter what part we use, it doesn't sound too hygienic to me.  :-\
It would be nice if man and woman would shared this difficult chore.  :smitten:

OK, yes, I realized after I posted that my comment was unclear/wrong so to clarify, I meant groping and checking it in the dark.  At night, it's just easier to have our mutually-agreed-upon rule that the toilet seat is down and the lid is up.  (This is way more info than you may want to hear, but at night BF does sit down and it causes much frustration for him when I forget and put the lid down.  I have not asked him but I think he does not stand because it is hard to aim well in the dark from a standing position.)

In the daytime, I don't care if anything is up or down since I turn on the light if needed and I do use my hand(s) to move things to suit my purpose.  I assume he does not care either and I especially assume that he uses his hand(s)  :D  to move things to suit him.  There have been no discussions or negotiations regarding daytime toilet arrangements, so darkness is the critical factor for having our night rules.

So, there, we do share the chores of positioning the seat and lid, and having our night rules means no one has to use their hands for adjusting them in the dark.

Hmmm, this may be my longest post yet, and I hope I have made myself clear on this important relationship-affecting topic and how we handle it.  :)

(), thanks for the product rec--I'll check it out.

Edited to add:  Happy weekend to all my fellow wage-slaves and to all you retired folks, too!

Are we STILL discussing this?

Don't most of us have these?

Attachments

• dual.jpg
    dual.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 81
I think I speak for the majority flipstress.................you were
correct, i.e. way too much information :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom