Looking for a cordless vacuum for hard flooring

statsman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our house has a lot of luxury vinyl plank flooring in the main part of the house. All three bathrooms have tile flooring, and the rest of the house (bedrooms, stairs, upstairs game and media rooms) have carpet.

We have a corded Shark vacuum we like for the carpeted areas, but we're looking for a lightweight, cordless vacuum for the hard flooring in the house, primarily for the vinyl flooring. It just needs to be powerful enough to deal with cat hair and corn-based litter that tracks over the flooring, something that we could use daily or every few days. It would be nice if the vacuum was not rough with the hard flooring.

Shark. We use it for the same purpose as you need. It is perfect for our needs.

I went thru a couple of Sharks, and they do fine. However the batteries don't have a long life and there is no source of parts--throwaways.

I switched over to the Dyson V6, and we absolutely love it. I did have a bad battery after a year, however Dyson sent a new one under warranty. And they do have a parts department so they will last much longer. The only downside is that they're expensive to buy.

Our home is 100% hardwood on the main floor, and our rottweiler & 2 kittens make a mess. We use the cordless vacuum on and off all days. Priceless.

We bought a couple of these because of the price and the reviews. They work great on cat hair and crumbs. No attachments - we bought them for quick cleanup between thorough vaccuming. Very satisfied.

The design we bought has apparently been obsoleted in favor of a new design. So the product shows as obsolote. If you go to the Eufy store you can see the new design.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y3WV384/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't necessarily take the following as an endorsement. I had the same need and recently decided to purchase the following, even though I knew the reviews were bogus via Fakespot and my own reading:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K8QRX29

I wanted a cheap (under $100), lightweight cordless stick vacuum with the bulky part near the bottom. This does the trick. I don't like the swivel head, it doesn't work well. I don't like the way it docks into the charger. I would give this maybe a 4 or 3 rating, since it works for everything else, such as picking up cat litter and cat hair. The suction is just sufficient. I also like that you can release the handheld portion and use it quite well without the stick portion.

However, this company and/or seller is clearly playing games with Amazon. After only a few days, it is now "unavailable." But for some reason, a different link on Amazon now works, with slightly less fake reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0857GHRWY

I did not see that link active when I bought. It seems they were trying to force a new link with all 5 star reviews, but maybe they got called on it and had to go back to the old link? I don't know.

What I DO know is I got a US Mail letter with a gift card offer ($20) if I did a 5-star review and gave them proof. I shredded the offer. I won't participate in this fakery.

For that, I'm tempted to 1-star the other link, but since I don't know if it is a different seller, I won't. I'm just going to let it slide.

I like the device enough for the price. It works and does what I need. I'm taking a chance at longevity. We'll see what happens.

When you start looking at cheaper stick vacuums on Amazon, you realize that most of them are pretty much all the same with different tweaks. There are two general designs: one with the bulky motor on top, the other on the bottom. Everything is just a derivative. Most are probably made in the same factory, or perhaps it is a family affair with a brother splitting off with his own factory to tweak the family design. Kind of like Adidas and Puma.

In any case, the same complaints that you see on these cheapies tend to also show up on the expensive ones. So, I took a chance with the cheap price. Let's just hope it doesn't start on fire while charging.:blush:

We have a Dyson in each home... they're the best but expensive... you get what you pay for. We also have a Roomba up north and a Deebot down south. I prefer the Deebot as it is much quieter.

I just bought the Tineco A11 hero and love it. I too wanted to stay around $100, but got it for $130 on prime day. I had researched for quite a while and kept seeing good reviews for this manufacturer. I probably wouldn't have tried it at the regular price, but so glad I did buy it.
I have all hardwood with some area rugs and this picks up everything. After about a week of having the vacuum, the company sent an email to see if I had any questions and to make sure I was happy with my purchase. Smart customer service.

https://us.tineco.com/products/a11-hero.html

I love my Dyson V8Animal+. Certainly not the cheapest option but with a Goldie and Lab that seem to shed 24/7 it works for us. We have mostly plank flooring and buzzing about with this magic wand is so easy that I actually do it regularly.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We've considered the Dyson models, but there are a lot to choose from (V7, V8, V10, etc.).

I've never seen the Tineco models before, but I do like the separate brushes for hardwood and carpets in some of their designs. $130 for a $400 vacuum is a great deal.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We've considered the Dyson models, but there are a lot to choose from (V7, V8, V10, etc.). ...

We kept it simple and just got whatever BJ's or Costco was offering at the time and have been very satisfied.

Roomba 6-series, built like a tank and you never have to vacuum again. Been using them for 15 years now.

Finish the job with a Swiffer Wet Jet, works great on hard floors.

We have a Dyson stick and a Dyson Ball both. The stick performs just fine on hardwood and really excels on upholstery. It lasts plenty long enough to do the whole house, over 2600 sq ft. I also use Swiffer Wet to go over the hard floors. Takes 3 to do the whole house and I do that at least once a week, usually twice. Keeps floors clean enough to eat off of. Not that I would, but in Covid days, it's nice to know the floor has been damp moped and not just spread the germs around.

Roomba 6-series, built like a tank and you never have to vacuum again. Been using them for 15 years now.

I've had Roomba and I guess our floors are too dirty because the thing loads up and needs emptying at least every room, sometimes twice per room. That's more of a chore than just vacuuming. However, I will run it in a bedroom after conventionally vacuuming in order to get under the bed and around posts. It does a good just getting under stuff I might otherwise only do once or twice a year.

My nearly 10 year old Roomba has kept the original sheen on my hardwood floor all this time. Along with removing shoes, etc. I now have a Eufy which also does a great job of removing the dust and fine grit that wears down a floor.

I solved the pet hair problem by not replacing the cat after it passed on.

I will never manually vacuum my house again. A robot vacuum is the way to go and worth every penny since it frees me from a cleaning chore that I rarely got around to doing on my own.

I will never manually vacuum my house again. A robot vacuum is the way to go and worth every penny since it frees me from a cleaning chore that I rarely got around to doing on my own.
Stairs? Multiple floors?

We have a Dyson stick and a Dyson Ball both. The stick performs just fine on hardwood and really excels on upholstery. It lasts plenty long enough to do the whole house, over 2600 sq ft. I also use Swiffer Wet to go over the hard floors. Takes 3 to do the whole house and I do that at least once a week, usually twice. Keeps floors clean enough to eat off of. Not that I would, but in Covid days, it's nice to know the floor has been damp moped and not just spread the germs around.

We have a iRobot Braava Jet mopping robot and it does a real good job... we still use the Swiffer WetJet every so often, just like we use the Dyson V^ instead of the Roomba every so often.

I usually clear the room of chairs, etc for the Roomba, run that and then set the Braava to work mopping and then put everything back.

https://www.irobot.com/braava/200-series

Last edited:
We got a Dyson V8 Absolute last year for $189 (half off). Has the attachments for hard floors and carpets. Three cats. Plenty of fur. Going on almost a full year and no battery issues. We like it a lot better than the Simplicity upright we had used for over 10 years.

Stairs? Multiple floors?

Our housekeeper cleans the stairs every two weeks which seems to be enough for us. I do have to carry the robot vacuum up and down stairs if I wanted to clean multiple floors. It’s still more convenient than manually vacuuming. At some point I will get a second robot vacuum and no longer have to carry them up and down the stairs.

Stairs? Multiple floors?

Stairs are easy to DIY and you don't have to do them that often, multiple floors are solved with multiple Roombas. Note - the 6-series I mentioned is not expensive, got 3 of them for $150-200 each (new) on ebay. Gave a couple of 690s (which have app control) to the kids for Christmas a few years ago, they love them too.

You can of course spend more money on later models but the 6's work fine and are very reliable.

Last edited:
We got the Dyson V8 as well. Seems to be really well made. We’ve been Dyson fans for years now. This V8 looks like it will be another great Dyson purchase for us...

We had a Dyson V-10 and it comes with a really nice and effective smooth floor power roller (in addition to a powered carpet beater). The smooth floor roller is made of soft synthetic material, akin to a heavy knap paint roller, but with suction. We use it on our oak and tile floors and it does not damage them in any way. We love it. But unfortunately, the V-10's flimsy plastic trigger broke within a month of purchasing the V-10 (this is a known and common problem with this model and necessitates replacement of the entire power unit/main body). I reported the failure to Dyson and Dyson sent us a V-11, complete with all attachments (they had no V-10s in stock) under warranty. All they wanted beforehand was the main body and the carpet powerhead. We got to keep the powered floor roller and it also fits the V-11 (both use the same metal tube that connects between the main body and power roller or carpet beater). The V-11 does not come with the smooth floor power roller. Its available separately, but costs about $120. I don't know if the powered floor roller fits earlier Dyson models.

I have dog hair and very often tracked in dirt or sand to deal with so for me, stick or broom vacuums were not quite enough. I pulled the trigger on a Riccar Cordless SupraLite for daily use and have had zero regret. It has a long battery life which does not lose suction even when the battery is low and I like that it's super light weight and has full size bags. Works well on the surfaces I have; carpet, rugs, tile and vinyl plank.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We've considered the Dyson models, but there are a lot to choose from (V7, V8, V10, etc.).

I've never seen the Tineco models before, but I do like the separate brushes for hardwood and carpets in some of their designs. $130 for a $400 vacuum is a great deal.

It was actually on sale for $180, but got an extra $50 off for opening an amazon visa card.:D

Back
Top Bottom