Looking for Information On Heir

... hopefully you have already disqualified yourself from this [-]innovative money-making opportunity[/-] scam by breaking the code of silence when you shared it with the financial infidels here on the forum.

I just wanted to thank everyone that replied to my post about HEIR . I believe that you all saved us a huge amount of worry and cash . !! I hope others will benefit from these posts and stay away from HEIR .

HEIR spelled sidways and in 3D is Bernie Madoff. Just another scam.

OK, I'll take the plunge for the good of the collective. I personally never ran across this stuff.
What are the warning signs?

I believe Nords was referencing (and I certainly was referencing) religious affinity fraud, in which scammers play on the trust among members of particular religious communities. E.g. - I might trust my fellow UCC congregants more than outsiders, so the fraudsters would be, or pretend to be UCC members like me. I think that, to a certain extent, Bernie Madoff was an example of affinity fraud.

Here is some SEC information about affinity fraud, including what things to look for.

Investor Alert: Affinity Fraud

OK, I'll take the plunge for the good of the collective. I personally never ran across this stuff.
What are the warning signs?
#4: Your financial advisor quotes scripture's parable of the servants investing their master's talents.
#3: Referrals to a financial advisor who's a member of your church.
#2: "Socially responsible investing" is their only asset class.

... and the #1 warning sign: Giving more to your financial advisor than you give to your church!
Is it Christian if you give more of your money to a financial advisor than to the Church?

Back
Top Bottom