Looking for kitchen faucet buying advice

The last 1/2 dozen faucets I have bought were Bizo. They are a Delta product now. High end, all nice solid metal parts. Think they are Italian made. Not cheap but pretty good with a Delta lifetime warranty.

Another Delta recommendation here. Delta came installed with our new home, 20 years ago now. Recently the sprayer and handle began leaking a little bit. I contacted Delta for the lifetime warranty. The faucet is obsolete now so they are sending me a new replacement faucet, sprayer, soap dispenser for free, and free shipping.

I would go with Kohler or Moen if you want it to last a long time. Delta is junk. Cheap Chinese parts in their faucets have the potential to cause thousands in water damage.
Buy once cry once...

If you are looking for transitional styling, I like the Kohler Simplice (<~$200), they come in different heights. Two still OK after 10 years (but I expect highly used plumbing to need some maintenance after 10 years). I also have nothing but good things to say about Grohe faucets, but have only ever bought for bathrooms, probably due to price.

I'm still procrastinating on this as is my habit so I appreciate the comments that are still coming in. I asked at w*rk and got 2 IDK and 2 "avoid Delta". I really kind of hate that i have to research even the least little thing. It is not that I wanted a 2K faucet that showed utube videos or something. One of the connections on last faucet broke in 3 weeks no joke. . .

I have a Delta with the sensors and it’s great! I would buy one again.

Another Delta recommendation here. Delta came installed with our new home, 20 years ago now. Recently the sprayer and handle began leaking a little bit. I contacted Delta for the lifetime warranty. The faucet is obsolete now so they are sending me a new replacement faucet, sprayer, soap dispenser for free, and free shipping.

Good point.

Whatever faucet a person buys, photograph the receipt, photo of the box or model number/name etc.. and save it with important docs on the computer. In 5 yrs or so when the tap starts to leak the original receipt may have faded away.

Moen will send free cartridges to replace the leaky ones, as will lots of other faucet manufacturers. But they need to know the model & name, etc.

I have a spec Kohler kitchen faucet with separate hot & cold valves which makes me miss the old 1970s Delta one-handle we had.

Buy a rebuild kit every 6-8 years and it lasts forever...

Last edited:
I have a delta Leland and really love it. Single handle, pull down hose and particularly love the spray shield setting. Wasn't sure what that was when I bought it, but it is a great feature for rinsing things quickly without the water splattering up at me.

We write the exact information on a sheet of paper with a sharpie so it won't fade, and then tape it to the inside of the door that leads to that bit of plumbing.

Wow and before I met you guys I thought I was organized. . . You put me to shame.

I must be the last one who likes separate hot and cold handles. I HATED jiggling the one-handle around to get the right temperature. Back and forth, back and forth, until it finally got to the right temp. With two handles, it's virtually instantaneous. My sister even had a one handle you had to pull out, almost every time. What a pain.

I'm a Moen or Delta snob. I register them when I get a new faucet and they'll send you repair parts free.

Emailed Moen yesterday our kitchen pull-out faucet started a slow leak at the hose wand connection swivel joint. Sent pictures and a new hose will be sent for free. Faucet installed during kitchen remodel and never registered but I did have the invoice from 2013.

Take the pump portion to a hardware store and ask for a clear 3 ft hose that will snug fit. Then run the hose to a big bottle of Dawn parked under the sink. When you run out, replace the bottle of Dawn .

That is what I eventually did (in our previous home). I had to add a check valve as well though (no big deal), or it would drain down.

But since our current place is not drilled for one, I wouldn't bother. I'm fine with a pump/bottle on the counter. Actually, (slightly) easier to clean, just move the pump/bottle and wipe up, rather than cleaning up around that rim. Minor point, but there was nothing about the built in that makes me miss it. And anyway, DW wants to have one for "hand soap" and one for "Dish soap". I wouldn't bother with that either, but that means we'd have a pump/bottle on the counter anyhow!

-ERD50

FWIW I queried Kohler TS about the differences between the Home Depot and the Ferguson models of kitchen faucets. Answer was that all products are built to the same quality standards and have the same warranty.

Touchless Moen Faucet from Costco. I don't think I can go back to non-touchless. It's so handy when cooking and much more sanitary. The only issue was it ate through batteries like crazy. Ended up getting an AC adapter and installing an electrical outlet below the sink.

FWIW I queried Kohler TS about the differences between the Home Depot and the Ferguson models of kitchen faucets. Answer was that all products are built to the same quality standards and have the same warranty.

That might be some fuzzy wording. They didn't say they are the same product, or built with the same materials.

A mfg could say that their stainless steel parts and their plastic parts are " built to the same quality standards and have the same warranty.". Maybe the same part tolerances, and same cosmetic standards. But that doesn't mean they will last as long.

Or maybe they are essentially the same, with a Model # change to protect the high-end designers but still get into the high volume big box stores. I know that price isn't always much of an indicator of quality.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom