Make believe you are age 70+...

I will be 65 this summer and my health is improving so 70+ is not much of a stretch of my imagination. I expect to be living where I am, riding bikes regularly, traveling a lot, and enjoying [-]fine[/-] good wines and food. Based on my ongoing 6 weeks on the Florida gulf coast I may be adding a month or two down here in the cold season. The only other thing I can "anticipate" is that my ADHD attention will turn toward some new, unanticipated interest that I will add into the mix.

Hmmm. Food for thought. I have never been much for those Decade "milestone" things. It is like my wife said as we crossed the Kansas/Oklahoma border yesterday: "Wow! Oklahoma looks a lot like Kansas."

Anyway, 70 for me is but a few weeks away and I don't, in retrospect, feel much different than I did ten years ago -- I am not, they tell me, any less active.

I would not want to predict what 80 (the OPs 70+) will be like. If I still feel the same (my Doctor's prediction) than I will consider myself very lucky to again be among the outliers. But I am not counting on it... even at this young age, I have quite a number of those I grew up with on my "remember only" list.

Oh! I do need less sleep now that at 60... a lot less.

RonBoyd said:
Hmmm. Food for thought. I have never been much for those Decade "milestone" things. It is like my wife said as we crossed the Kansas/Oklahoma border yesterday: "Wow! Oklahoma looks a lot like Kansas."

Anyway, 70 for me is but a few weeks away and I don't, in retrospect, feel much different than I did ten years ago -- I am not, they tell me, any less active.

I would not want to predict what 80 (the OPs 70+) will be like. If I still feel the same (my Doctor's prediction) than I will consider myself very lucky to again be among the outliers. But I am not counting on it... even at this young age, I have quite a number of those I grew up with on my "remember only" list.

Oh! I do need less sleep now that at 60... a lot less.

Your comment Ron from your wife about Oklahoma/Kansas made me laugh and reminded me about a trip with my then wife 20 years ago, as we crossed the border from Kansas to Colorado. She immediately said, "where are the mountains"? Of course I had to ruffle her feathers by stating that Colorado wasn't one big mountain starting at a man made boundary line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom