Many websites down

If you read past page one it looks like this happens every day. I would bet on localized connectivity problems or user error, not sites down.

Being paranoid. I thought it was a North Korean cyber attack.

Last edited:
Around western PA I notice that from roughly 3 to 5 PM then usually 7 to 9 PM the network slows a good bit. mostly for youtube stuff. Running speedtest to Pittsburgh during those time shows 17 MBps download speed. Youtbe can be as slow as 2 to 3 Mbps.

Two days ago Comcast informed us that they upped both the upload and dowload speeds.

Yet just now speedtest shows 9 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload speed.

Yep there are some local bottlnecks when it is not nice outside coupled with a holiday and all folks are viewing educational materials on the internet.:LOL:

Was in PIT this week and found the 4G LTE to be amazingly fast. It's not so fast on the eastern PA side. Still it's much faster than the 300 baud dial up service that I had back in 1982.

According to the news you don't need to worry about the North Koreans - unless you live in Austin. :)
Clearly, what happened here was that the North Koreans had their target acquisition radar set to locate annoying universities.:LOL:and..............BINGO!!

Local connection to my ISP is fine but lots of slow websites this morning. Must be a slow router somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom