Medicare Premiums and Co-Insurance Rates for 2010

"[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica] Beneficiaries who currently have the Social Security Administration (SSA) withhold their Part B premium"

So, if you are delaying SS and pay the part B quarterly it is going up?
[/FONT]

For all others, the standard Medicare Part B monthly premium will be $110.50 in 2010, which is a 15% increase over the 2009 premium.

Looks to me that I will be affected by this. I start Medicare A/B on 11/1/09 (in a few weeks) but I paid for the premiun with my CC as I have yet to start my SS payments. Does not seem fair, but no one said life would be fair when I began this trip.

"[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica] Beneficiaries who currently have the Social Security Administration (SSA) withhold their Part B premium" [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]So, if you are delaying SS and pay the part B quarterly it is going up?[/FONT]

Yes, at the present time. Although legislation has passed the house and gone to the senate to address this.

Ha

Good. When people start to pay the real cost of their health insurance, they'll start to realize that the system needs to be fixed.

Good. When people start to pay the real cost of their health insurance, they'll start to realize that the system needs to be fixed.

Remind me now, who pays for your insurance?

I would tend to bet , what the gov is doing will raise medicare premiums.
They plan to cut payments to medicare advantage programs,and perhaps in the future raise part B premiums. If they raise premiums too much they all will be voted out of office. I have noticed medicare cutbacks since my mother used a skilled nursing facility about 4-5 years ago, she was in about 60 days, we paid little,
now over day 21 it is 100 or so a day. I have 4 years left before medicare but the wife goes on it in two months.
I think the gov should have a little fear of the old folks,with a big voting block.
Anyone who lived just on SS like my mother would get upset with a big increase in medicare.
Old Mike

Back
Top Bottom