Men's wallet recommendations

I have used one of these to carry all my cards (credit, licenses, passport, medical, etc.), in my front pocket, for over fifteen years now. I carry cash with a money clip in the opposite pocket.

(I notice that the "cash" I carry is two twenty dollar bills that I have been carrying for so long (10 yrs?) that they are of the old style and so ragged they may not be spendable.)

Thanks to all. After looking at the various options I am going to get a BigSkinny wallet it seems the best compromise. No RFD protection, but I have little sleeves to handle that problem.

I've used the All-ett for a few years and been very happy. VERY thin. Amazon has it, also from manufacturer.$19.99

No particular recommendation, but a search for "men's wallet" on Amazon yielded a large selection. Good thing, since my wallet is getting a bit ratty...

The all-ett.com is my fave. I somehow keep collecting cards, memberships and such. These wallets are the best I have found and handle any "overflow" cards until I can downsize again.

The all-ett.com is my fave. I somehow keep collecting cards, memberships and such. These wallets are the best I have found and handle any "overflow" cards until I can downsize again.

+3 on the all-ett. I am on my second one and LOVE it. I currently have about 13+ cards in it:

-Driver's License
-Military ID
-Pilot's Certificate
-6 Credit/ATM Cards
-VFW Key Card
-Student ID
-Kroger Scan Card
-8 Business Cards
-Public Transportation Scan Card
-4 Cash Bills
-A Couple Pieces of Paper (FAA medical,etc.)

It's so thin, I often think I don't have it with me.

Here's what it looks like with all that crap in it:

EDIT: They have an RFID model now.

Attachments

• 20150920_114629.jpg
    20150920_114629.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Flyboy,
Is that a discontinued model. Looks like a window on outside and I have not seen that one. Not on their website. Is it fabric or leather? I lovemy fabric ones.
Dave

Flyboy,
Is that a discontinued model. Looks like a window on outside and I have not seen that one. Not on their website. Is it fabric or leather? I lovemy fabric ones.
Dave

It is available on Amazon...and yes, it's the fabric version. I do love it so...it's the best wallet I have ever owned. I am a big fan of the outside window too. When I was still w*rking, it was very handy for the plant ID (you had to show them at the gate).

Here's the link on Amazon:

Allett SoftTech Nylon Outside ID Black at Amazon Men’s Clothing store:

We got an Allett for DS for his birthday and he loves it.

From all l have read, RFID is not a problem for credit cards.

I've slimmed down my wallet by dumping most unnecessary cards. Many stores will take a phone number instead of those loyalty cards.

Also now wear the wallet in my front pocket. Makes a guy look better from the rear. ☺

From all l have read, RFID is not a problem for credit cards.

I've slimmed down my wallet by dumping most unnecessary cards. Many stores will take a phone number instead of those loyalty cards.

Also now wear the wallet in my front pocket. Makes a guy look better from the rear. ☺

I recently lost my wallet. Never found it, so had a new credit card and debit card reissued. Bought a new inexpensive wallet at Kohl's, one big enough to put my car keys in my coin purse. Since I don't need to take the key out to open or start the car, it's simple. And I will never drive anywhere without my wallet! Women's pockets don't work for wallets, except for my cargo pants.

Loyalty cards go on a separate key ring, except for the grocery one and the gym one, which are on my main keys, along with AAA card.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Women's pockets don't work for wallets, except for my cargo pants.

Loyalty cards go on a separate key ring, except for the grocery one and the gym one, which are on my main keys, ..
I got a taste of what it is like to have a purse. Got a Pacsafe bag for our Italy trip. It killed my lower back and neck when I loaded it up. New respect for DW's complaints! But traveling, one needs a lot of stuff on the streets. And in Italy there are those pickpockets to deal with.

Loyalty cards go on a separate key ring, except for the grocery one and the gym one, which are on my main keys, along with AAA card.

I'm curious why anybody even carries loyalty cards. I've got a ton of them, but I just use my phone number instead. It works for every card I have, and saves me from having to haul all those cards/key ring dangles around. Actually, I've never used my AAA card either, although it is in my wallet. I just give them my name and address and they look it up.

I'm curious why anybody even carries loyalty cards. I've got a ton of them, but I just use my phone number instead. It works for every card I have, and saves me from having to haul all those cards/key ring dangles around. Actually, I've never used my AAA card either, although it is in my wallet. I just give them my name and address and they look it up.

Another option that I have heard of, but not used personally, is to store the barcodes in a smart phone app that is designed for this purpose.

The reader would scan the phone showing the barcode instead of the card itself.

-gauss

Another option that I have heard of, but not used personally, is to store the barcodes in a smart phone app that is designed for this purpose.

The reader would scan the phone showing the barcode instead of the card itself.

-gauss

Unfortunately, I've had very poor luck with this technique.
No problem at Starbucks, but the self-service scanner at the supermarket is unable to read the barcode on my phone, as is the one at the gas station pump.
Other retailers, always a crapshoot, failing more often than succeeding.

So I have to carry a bunch of these loyalty cards. Too many for my wallet, so I keep them in a little wallet I keep in the console of my car. When I get to a place that uses one (Costco for example), I just take it in the store with me.

Well this thread got me going. Tried a binder clip, worked ok for me, DW not so much. So I agreed to try a Dash, 10% for using COOLBEANS in the discount code and some are on sale. This is the one I choose: http://dashwallets.com/shop/dash-30-brown-saffiano

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom