Money Profile: Anthony Bourdain

Hey! This sounds like something I might have been able to do! One thing I liked about my Air Force job was the weird hours and work till you drop -followed by- vast expanses of light duty/time-off. I didn't drink or get into that stuff but most of the rest of the military were all alcoholics. Nice to know I had options available that I didn't have to use

Yeah, except the pot smoking. :D When I was working in the restaurant biz (teen years and a short stint while in the Air Force) the number of folks that DIDN'T smoke pot was 1 or 2 (me being one of them)...everyone else? Yep...daily occurrence. That included the college kids *and* the "long term older" folks.

Funny you mention it...I had enough slack time in my AF maintenance days that I was able to get a part time job at the restaurant. I did have a purpose though...I wanted to date one of the hostesses and she wouldn't give me the time of day as a customer but once I got the job...well, she later became my wife (and eventually my ex-wife!)

I like Bourdain.....when he visits a new country, he is honest and tries to give an accurate representation of the place and people. He shows respect to the culture.

I am not surprised he was not good with money! As a weed smoking free soul who has time to check your bank balance.

Anthony keep doing what you are doing and I will continue to follow.

Yes, I think this is one of the things that reminds my daughter of me. He did say once that he doesn't drink as much when at home. Probably a good thing too.
I think he actually said that he never drinks at home, that he keeps no booze in the house. At 60 he drinks ( on the show anyway) like I did when I was 20. He amazes me.

Yeah, except the pot smoking. :D

For years I used to joke that Bill Clinton said he smoked it but he never inhaled, and I never smoked it but inhaled a lot of it. After 7o'clock in the evening the barracks hallways were filled with aromatic blue smoke

For years I used to joke that Bill Clinton said he smoked it but he never inhaled, and I never smoked it but inhaled a lot of it.

My late wife had a couple brothers who never exhaled.

Back
Top Bottom