Most convenient mobile apps?

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
This is probably something that is best done as a poll, but I don't think I have enough experience to start it properly. Perhaps someone else will (or has).

I don't interact with a lot of brokerage/mutual fund places much as my investments are primarily concentrated with Fidelity and Vanguard. I do access them for information regularly through a handheld device (iTouch). I find that what Fidelity offers and its user interface is far superior to what you get at Vanguard. Maybe this is a function of Vanguard holding costs down (as in developer costs).

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Since I quit working, I spend very little time at a desktop and more on the handheld.

Which has the best mobile app?

This is probably something that is best done as a poll, but I don't think I have enough experience to start it properly. Perhaps someone else will (or has).

I don't interact with a lot of brokerage/mutual fund places much as my investments are primarily concentrated with Fidelity and Vanguard. I do access them for information regularly through a handheld device (iTouch). I find that what Fidelity offers and its user interface is far superior to what you get at Vanguard. Maybe this is a function of Vanguard holding costs down (as in developer costs).

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Since I quit working, I spend very little time at a desktop and more on the handheld.

Which has the best mobile app?

Did you try this ? I haven't. just curious if you've tried it and what you think of it.

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/whatweoffer/accountservices/mobileservices

The Fidelity app has its quirks but I use it extensively on my iPad and iPhone. Every now and then I have to call in to get a trade to take.

Did you try this ? I haven't. just curious if you've tried it and what you think of it.

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/whatweoffer/accountservices/mobileservices

Yes, I have and I have it on my device. To me, it seems very bare bones and not intuitive (that's sort of what I was talking about). I've used four apps to access fund companies/brokerages: Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard, and T. Rowe Price. I would rank them in that order in terms of their usefulness/usability.

I have Fidelity also, I've found it really good, not as good as web site, their web site is awesome. I also like Yahoo Finance.

Back
Top Bottom