Motorcycles' siren song...

My sister and her three small children watched a fatal motorcycle accident happen right in front of them last week, on my sister's 46th birthday. My sister lost her fiance at 18 to a motorcycle accident.

Hate to be the nanny-one, but I can't help it, sorry.

Y'all be careful out there. Please. We need you.

My sister and her three small children watched a fatal motorcycle accident happen right in front of them last week, on my sister's 46th birthday. My sister lost her fiance at 18 to a motorcycle accident.

Hate to be the nanny-one, but I can't help it, sorry.

Y'all be careful out there. Please. We need you.

I saw two people get killed in a car crash once. Be very careful.

Thanks! I never met a motorcycle I didn't like. :cool:

DH took the safety course. Well worth the time and effort. The course was $190. The dealership where we bought the bike gave us a store credit for $150 because he took the course. A win win situation.

Last edited:
My cousin's husband is 67 years old and last year bought a brand new BMW touring cycle. He goes on one long ride a year. Last fall he rode to Mississippi, then up to New York city, and then it was december and he ended up renting a U-haul to get it the rest of the way home.

Tough old bird that he is. Saw them this past weekend, he is training to run Grandma's Marathon here in Duluth. He has run every year since it started in the 70s.

He has Aerostich's Hi Viz Roadcrafter suit. (Plug for a favorite business of mine!)

Last edited:
57 here an ride an FJR 1300 almost everyday. Waited until the kid was out of the house and financially secure before I got my first bike at 52. I ride in the North Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee area east of Chattanooga mostly. Great way to relax and clear the mind, although it does take focus and decent reflexes to avoid becoming a statistic.

Sounds like some one who would recognize where i took that shot in post 17;)

I had one of these Triumph Tiger Cubs in college (no pictures of mine):

Trumph%20Tiger%20Cub.jpg

I'd love to ride now, but can't justify the safety issue.

T-Al the cub has grown up:

tiger_main.jpg

Although personally I'd go with one of these if I was to trade up from my monster >:D:

2007_Triumph_Speed-Triple_2.jpg

DD

Owned a lot of different bikes over the years but all the guys i used to ride with eventually sold their bikes and i ended up being the only one left going for the mandatory Sunday ride and to me driving alone on a bike wasnt that much fun when i had started riding with 20 or more biking buddies.I also noticed that the close calls factor was starting to increase as car drivers seemed to be going collectively nuts.I miss bikes and i miss the adventure of going on a run with a bunch of fellow bikers.
Fortunately Mazda makes another option

Either the Tennessee side of Deals Gap on SR-129 or somewhere on the Cherhola Skyway ? Am I close ?

Or something like these.

Attachments

• Scrambler.jpg
    Scrambler.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 3
LBYM...LBYM....don't need another bike...such pretty pictures. LBYM!

Sorry, but a 6' 8", the stuff in the Aerostick catalog doesn't fit me -- I like FirstGear.

I am also 6'8", and have given up finding riding pants. I have a Mesh-Tex jacket, but where do you get riding pants with a 38" inseam?

Oh, I just bought two KLX-250's, one of which is going to get sold soon to buy a KLR-650. I ride with my 14 yo son on forest roads and the like.

Either the Tennessee side of Deals Gap on SR-129 or somewhere on the Cherhola Skyway ? Am I close ?
You got it,its the lookout on the Dragon.

Attachments

• gap2.jpg
    gap2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I am also 6'8", and have given up finding riding pants. I have a Mesh-Tex jacket, but where do you get riding pants with a 38" inseam?

Oh, I just bought two KLX-250's, one of which is going to get sold soon to buy a KLR-650. I ride with my 14 yo son on forest roads and the like.

Vanson will make them for you.

Pedal-pusher-biker look?
Nobody would know how long the pants were, as long as your boots are high enough so that the pants could be tucked inside them.

My sympathies to Culture, by the way. My brother is 6'5" and has always had an assortment of height related problems such as needing a custom bed, bumping into light fixtures, not fitting in some cars (especially the early Japanese cars 40 years ago), and such. At 6'8" there would be more.

You got it,its the lookout on the Dragon.

Been to the dragon and actually prefer some of the lesser known roads in the area, less traffic and squids to contend with. Below is a pic of my current ride.

img_669076_0_efa629a272e8fbd97cbbf3281961656e.jpg

I'm only 55, but have two beemers--

a 2003 K1200 GT named Wotan and a 1995 R100RT named Helmut.

I like to ride a lot, but the multitudes of deer around here really scare me.

Back
Top Bottom