Moving Fitbit data to your Google Account by 2025

B-Guy

Recycles dryer sheets
I received an email this morning saying that Google has an option to move your data to them by 2025 or you will lose your historical data.

Has anyone done this yet and if so what do you think? Here is the message I received.

Everything you love about Fitbit, now with Google.

Now that Fitbit is part of Google, you can move Fitbit to your Google Account. Moving to a Google Account means you’ll get industry-leading security and unified privacy controls, all while keeping your new and historical Fitbit health & wellness data.

The best part? You'll only need to remember one password.

You aren’t required to move to a Google Account immediately, but you will need to move by 2025 to retain your historical data and continue using your device(s). You can learn more at fitbit.com/devices.​

and not liking the new web app. It used to tell me consecutive days getting 10k steps but no more with the are interface

I got it too, ignored for now. Kinda inevitable since Google bought fitbit. More annoyed I can't get fitbits at Costco anymore.

My next will be a Pixel watch though, after my FB5 dies, maybe another year.

I got it too, ignored for now. Kinda inevitable since Google bought fitbit. More annoyed I can't get fitbits at Costco anymore.

My next will be a Pixel watch though, after my FB5 dies, maybe another year.

I'm almost done with Fitbit after many years and several types. Some died quickly, this Versa 2 is still going strong, but I don't get it wet...at all.

Now that I'm an old codger living alone, I may spring for an Apple watch so that if I bust my head open in the bathroom (or elsewhere falling off a ladder hanging pictures), the thing will call somebody. My daughter only seems to remember I exist once a week and I could bleed out before she called.

And I am NOT wearing one of those pendants and paying a monthly fee (stubborn old guy here). DW had one and hated it so much, she would just leave it off. I think she also purposely hid it from me on occasion too.:facepalm:

So I may say "hello Apple" soon.

Another good reason to switch to Apple is I inherited DW's almost new Ipad which just gathers dust around here somewhere.

So I may say "hello Apple" soon.

I know a lot of people that have Apple watches. However, the thing that would keep me from owning one would be battery life. Apple's are rated for less than a day while Garmin's last for a week or more. All depends on what you have enabled. GPS cuts any device's battery life by a considerable amount.

I know a lot of people that have Apple watches. However, the thing that would keep me from owning one would be battery life. Apple's are rated for less than a day while Garmin's last for a week or more. All depends on what you have enabled. GPS cuts any device's battery life by a considerable amount.

My 3-4 year old Apple Watch lasts through the day without any problems. I charge once a day, usually when I take a shower.

I did disable the always on display. It’s an old watch and the battery doesn’t last like it used to. I’m planning on upgrading next year, since rumors are there will be more features/changes.

Either way, plenty of battery to get through the day.

If I got one, I would not enable GPS. Heck, my car has GPS and I'm not walking anywhere far that I need a map for. The Fitbit battery does last a full week, though.

Well I'm up at 6:00 and go to bed at 11:00 so I'm thinking I'll run out of battery in an average day.

I bought an Apple Watch in January and since I have a Fitbit I wear that in my sock. While I read that the watch is superior for the health apps it grossly under counts my steps.

Steps are important as I strive to get 8-10k steps per day. Some days the Apple Watch is off by half my total number of steps but it’s always off by at least 1k steps.

I upgraded and prefer the old interface over the new one. However, I only wear it as part of the All of us research study because they gave me the Fitbit Charge 5 free. I really only use it as a watch so the interface change isn't a big deal to me.

The main thing I like about the Fitbit (Charge 5) is its sleep tracking. I’ve been reading about the Ultrahuman Ring AIR which appears to be a competitor to products like Oura. I may try it out side by side with the Fitbit.

The main thing I like about the Fitbit (Charge 5) is its sleep tracking. I’ve been reading about the Ultrahuman Ring AIR which appears to be a competitor to products like Oura. I may try it out side by side with the Fitbit.

I too mainly use my for sleep followed closely to steps. I have looked at the Oura and the geek would like one. However I don't think it would be a good fit as I'm hard on my hands working around the farm and in addition, being a beekeeper should I have a reaction to being stung at some point, I'm not sure how to get the device off. I have diched my wedding ring for a silicone ring for the same reason.

I started to reply to this a while ago but the loss of the Tapatalk app made it difficult.

The gist of my reply is that I received and have been using the Ultrahuman Ring Air for a couple of months. Overall, I’m happy with it for sleep tracking (I continue to use the Fitbit Charge 5). However, it is relatively expensive but on the positive side there are no recurring charges.

You do get a lot of data and are required to use a free app to view. I suspect you would get similar information from Fitbit Premium but don’t know.

Ultrahuman also markets an “M1” product that includes glucose monitoring. I don’t think it’s currently cleared in the USA. For that you have to wear a sensor which I understand is made by Abbott, the company that makes the Freestyle line of continuous glucose monitors.

Back
Top Bottom