Music that energizes you

The Hollies, "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress"

Allan Clarke is the lead singer....1972

He retired after losing his voice. Here he is in black playing the guitar around 2000. As you can see I am a Hollies fan.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some more good ones. I had forgotten Iko Iko. Edgar Winter, Sheryl Crow and Long Cool Woman have been added to my directory.

Perhaps it is the result of shifting my location 1800 miles west and spending lots of time in Nebraska, but I have developed a suprising fondness for country music in the last year. Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan, Craig Morgan, etc. Pehaps it is a natural outgrowth of my appreciation of bluegrass.

Bumping this old thread rather than starting a new "what did you listen to in the 70s" one to bring you this amazing guitar solo, that I spent much of 1976/7 wearing out on my vinyl copy of the album. Quantum Jump was a British studio project band, but their guitarist, Mark Warner, is American. He even pops into the YouTube comments under the video to say hi.
Quantum Jump - No American Starship - album version audio only - YouTube

When all the customers leave after a big event, and it's just the pro's [food, wedding, cleaning, rental] I like to crank the Drive-By Truckers up loud. But I have been in a Texas frame of mind lately, Robert Earl Keen, James McMurtry, Ryan Bingham, etc...

And if my signature didn't give you the clue, I listen to the Grateful Dead almost every day. Since none of us are getting any younger, maybe 'Touch of Gray' would fit the bill.

The Grateful Dead-Touch of Gray-Shoreline Amphitheatre - YouTube

This topic is very relevant to me as this morning I was gathering some "wake up music" of mp3's for the time when driving long trips and keeping me from dozing.

Here's my selection, thus far.

1. Led Zep - Stairway to Heaven

2. Led Zep - Black Dog

3. Rolling Stones - Miss You

4. George Benso - On Broadway

5. Rick James - Super Freak

Another Grateful Dead fan here. I've seen them about 10 times and had to include a song from their "wall of sound" days with 28,000 watts of McIntosh amplifier power.

I only saw them twice. Back in my Navy days in Norfolk. Both good shows. If you have the SXM channels on your TV, the Grateful Dead Channel [6023 on Dish] plays three full shows a day. I have recorded several hundred on DVD. It is just the sound, but still, it will round out your Dead library in a hurry.

Grasshopper, I do a little Dead dancing myself. About the only dancing I do. But there isn't such a thing as being out of step. Fast or slow, there is a groove for you.

Last edited:
I only saw them twice. Back in my Navy days in Norfolk. Both good shows. If you have the SXM channels on your TV, the Grateful Dead Channel [6023 on Dish] plays three full shows a day. I have recorded several hundred on DVD. It is just the sound, but still, it will round out your Dead library in a hurry.

Grasshopper, I do a little Dead dancing myself. About the only dancing I do. But there isn't such a thing as being out of step. Fast or slow, there is a groove for you.
I have the GD SiriusXM channel set on my car radio. It's great for long drives.

Back
Top Bottom