my Social Security account

statsman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For the last three months, I have attempted to log into my Social Security account to check on what my current/future Social Security benefits will be. Each time, I get the request to enter in a code from my cell phone, which I receive and enter, and each time I end up with the following:

Social Security Online Message: Program Error

We're sorry but this program has terminated unexpectedly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest that you try again later.

The resulting URL is: https://www.ssa.gov/admin/error500.htm

Has anyone else seen this? I am on hold with SS (good luck with that this late in the day or ever).

I just got in a few days ago.... end of last week... it did take a few tries but it finally worked..

I just got in a few days ago.... end of last week... it did take a few tries but it finally worked..
I assume "got in" means logging into your account. Were you seeing similar messages, and are you taking a SS benefit now? Thanks.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Win 10 Pro.

I have the choice of phone number or email for the code.

OP- have you turned off all the firefox security/ popup blockers, etc on firefox ?

Else I'd download chrome browser and try with that one.

I logged in without any issues on firefox on linux.

On my third attempt, I was able to get through. The numbers look correct (as was my phone number authorization), so all is good. Sorry for the bother.

I have experienced log in error recently on firefox several times with SSA access, but seemed ok with Microsoft Edge. After cleared cache on firefox, it seemed to be fine again on firefox. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom