NATIONAL LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE CLAIMS DECISION STUDY

From reading the posts in this thread I've concluded much like other types of insurance, it buys piece of mind until you actually need it and then it's pretty much a flip of the coin as to getting a pay out. I'm firmly in the self insure camp.

Last edited:
.......She got pneumonia in the hospital. That was it. She could NOT return home. They found her a bed in a dementia ward and the LTCi company paid like clockwork until her specified time limit was met. I think it was a couple of letters from Docs to get her approved. YMMV

Mind sharing which LTCi insurance company that was?

Same here with my father currently receiving home care. No issues with the initial claims or ongoing payments, which are filed weekly.
However, if the care provider makes a mistake in the weekly claim, the LTC insurance company will not pay until corrected. So I need to be on top of the filings and the reimbursements all the time.

Mind sharing which LTCi insurance comany you dad has?

We are seeing multiple posts of LTCi consumers where the insurance comany is, in fact, paying off on the insurance as contracted for, and apparently with no major problems. Good to know LTCi is "not" a crapshoot, when the claims are claimed and submitted uder contracted specs.

Mind sharing which LTCi insurance company that was?

Heh, heh, I KNEW someone would ask, but, for the life of me, I can not recall. I don't think it was a huge company. If I run across something, I'll get back to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom