NE Patriots, cheating, and related topics

I watched the Pats/Bronco's game, the only complete game I have watched since last years Super Bowl. Not an NFL fan, but love college football. I watched mainly because I do like Peyton and I know his playing days are about over. Would love to see him go out with one more SB win, but Carolina looks like the best team based on the few highlights I have seen. Not sure I will even watch the SB as I can't stand Cam Newton.

+1

I freely admit that Cam Newton is a great athlete (and he knows it). He sure is a cocky SOB :D

Denver played a solid game and their defense played great and won the game. I was rooting for them to win the SB so Peyton gets another ring before he retires until I read on SI.com the trash talk coming from one of their players anonymously about Brady after the game.

“I tried to lay on him a few times,” said one Broncos rusher after the game. “I tried to rub my nuts on his face.”

This trash talk wouldn't have happened under John Fox or Mike Shanahan. Classless Broncos......Go Panthers.

Last edited:
I'll take Garrapolo and Belichick over Landry Jones and Tomlin anytime.... BTW their record following the 16-0 season was 11-5 and not 10-6

Thats the thing. I know when Roethlisberger is gone the Steelers have a very low chance of replacing him with a franchise QB, just like any team.
You just cant face reality. Ive only seen one other guy who was as delusional as you when it came to his team and that was my Cowboy fan friend...who is a Bronco fan now because he cant take the losing anymore.

There's only been 3 times in history that a team went from one franchise QB to another. It almost never happens and its even less likely in todays salary cap world where you cant draft a QB in the first round and let him sit for a year or two while you still have a superstar at QB.

So again, good luck with Garrapalo.

Interesting that Brady received great pass protection for the whole season, and then we see all the sacks the Bronco's had. So guess what, the Pats fired the OL coach:facepalm:

You just cant face reality. Ive only seen one other guy who was as delusional as you when it came to his team and that was my Cowboy fan friend...who is a Bronco fan now because he cant take the losing anymore.

You have a reading comprehension problem my friend.....I've never said that the Pats would be as successful as they are now when Brady retires.

I said they will have a decent shot at making the playoffs because they won 11 games without Brady before.

I also said I am enjoying the ride while it lasts.

BTW Unlike your Cowboys fan friend I won't change allegiance to my team if they stop winning. I was a fan of the Patriots when they were the laughing stock of the NFL.

Last edited:
+1 Any QB change is a crapshoot... Brady was totally unheralded until he replaced Drew Bledsoe and started winning and will likely become one of the all-time greats. On the other hand, many of the next best thing QB have flamed out (remember Ryan Leaf?). You never know. Garoppolo could be the next Brady or could be the next flame out. Probably the latter as numerous Brady backups have moved into starting roles and been fairly lackluster... so as Corporateburnout says... enjoy the ride while we can.

Again, they made the playoffs last time without Brady because they had a team so good that it went 16-0 the year before. They aren't even close to that good anymore. They had a 5 game drop-off when he was injured that next season. That's how good he is.

You know hes that good so you cant have it both ways. If hes so good that he boosts a team by 5 extra wins, then when hes gone the team will lose 5 more games. Of course its not always going to be exactly 5 games but it will be close. Even if they dropped off by 3 games this season they would've been 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom