Need UNconventional Early Retirement Party Ideas!

danimet

Confused about dryer sheets
I've always planned to throw my dad a retirement party when he retired in a few years. Well there's been a slight change of plans. After working his behind off driving truck for the same company for over 35+ years, they called him in one day out of the blue to tell him they were demoting him. Less pay, less benefits. All this time he's been working towards retirement, and now with this demotion he will get a severe cut in benefits and pay. The demotion isn't worth keeping as he would have to pay for his own hotel out of town, food, cell phone, etc. So they knew they were forcing him into early retirement. We are all furious over this and can't believe they can do this to a faithful hard working employee after 35 years.

We are still planning on giving him a small retirement party, but we don't want to call it a retirement party. It's more like this company screwed him over, but we don't necessarily want to word it like that either ;) Keeping in mind, these are truck drivers :D we do want something light hearted and funny while portraying what the company did to him.

Any ideas on what we can call the party??

I've always planned to throw my dad a retirement party when he retired in a few years. Well there's been a slight change of plans. After working his behind off driving truck for the same company for over 35+ years, they called him in one day out of the blue to tell him they were demoting him. Less pay, less benefits. All this time he's been working towards retirement, and now with this demotion he will get a severe cut in benefits and pay. The demotion isn't worth keeping as he would have to pay for his own hotel out of town, food, cell phone, etc. So they knew they were forcing him into early retirement. We are all furious over this and can't believe they can do this to a faithful hard working employee after 35 years.

We are still planning on giving him a small retirement party, but we don't want to call it a retirement party. It's more like this company screwed him over, but we don't necessarily want to word it like that either ;) Keeping in mind, these are truck drivers :D we do want something light hearted and funny while portraying what the company did to him.

Any ideas on what we can call the party??
Call it an Eff the Mo fo-ing @$(%! corporation party.

ha

That's cute! I like it.. We wanted to say on the cake and invitations something like... "Thanks for screwing me over party" or "Bend over and take it in the @**" ;) but thought we could think of something wittier maybe...

Maybe "The Keep on Trucking" quote with "TRUCK YOU company name here!!!" above that? Or is that dumb?

Maybe do a 70's theme with the Truckin.

Keep the company name out of it - be positive, look forward, be happy.

love a party but just want to suggest a bit of decorum might be appropriate to keep in mind that your dad did spend 35 years working there. though he is angry now at current events, (& there's gonna be a lot of these stories over the next 18 months, at least) you might take care that you do not make him feel as if he has wasted 35 years just because they screwed him so badly once.

Back
Top Bottom