netflix, hulu, redbox, roku which is best

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I'm using the Roku 3 to stream my Netflix & Amazon Prime viewings. Earlier today, I went ahead & canceled the free 1 week intro to Hulu Plus before it became a paid subscription.

sounds like netflix is worth a try. thanks for the input.

frank

We have Netflix and Hulu plus, and have a couple of Roku's for our TV's. I would get a Roku 3 over their older products.

We cut our cable back to the local channels that you get free with internet, so we pretty much just watch Netflix and Hulu. Hulu has commercials. We have it mainly for recent shows like The Colbert Report and The Daily Show. If you are still getting TV shows from another source, I would recommend Netflix or Amazon over Hulu.

Netflix and Amazon have a lot of good content, but it is generally older. If you want recent episodes of shows, Hulu plus is better, but it has commercials.

Netflix and Amazon have a lot of good content, but it is generally older. If you want recent episodes of shows, Hulu plus is better, but it has commercials.

+1

Very true. My problem with HULU is that I find most current TV shows to be very boring. The few that I like are only on paid services that require cable plus a premium package. But, there are not enough to be worth the huge extra dollars I would have to pay to see them. So..... they can keep their shows and I will keep my money.

One more comment on this. As we shift our viewing from cable to netflix / prime, where the programming is commercial free, we find the constant commercial interruptions on cable to be even more of a bother. Also, the regulation about not raising the sound levels for commercials seems to be ignored by whoever is supplying the programming, as of late the noise is clearly back up to its previous abusive levels.

I'm a tivo person. I cut the cable this week (after yet another rate increase.)
We have amazon prime (for the free shipping) which is not integrated with tivo (unlike Amazon PPV). I use an old Motorola Xoom tablet hooked into the hdmi port. The cable isn't very long, though - so I have to get up off my tookus to pause.... (the horror!!!!). (Note to self - look into bluetooth mouse for the xoom.)

My tv is older - only 2 hdmi ports... so one is for tivo, and one is for the xoom.

I tried chromecast for amazon prime - it buffered too much and disconnected. Hopefully they'll improve that chrome extension and I'll be able to sit in my chair with my laptop in my lap and pause and play without effort. LOL

Tivo has apps for hulu, amazon instant video (pay per view), youtube, netflix, etc. But it's a pricey box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom