Netflix movie or show suggestion

OK, thanks - a bit confusing because this is a Netflix thread.

Yeah, I know, trespassing....but didn't think starting a "What shows do you borrow from your library?" thread would gain much traction.

We've never accessed Netflix so don't know what they carry....presumed, rightly or wrongly, that they might have a fairly wide range of offerings.

Yeah, I know, trespassing....but didn't think starting a "What shows do you borrow from your library?" thread would gain much traction.

Maybe you could start a thread: "Recommended movies checked out from the library to watch in your spare room." Probably would have a small but enthusiastic following (maybe even cult-like).

Maybe you could start a thread: "Recommended movies checked out from the library to watch in your spare room." Probably would have a small but enthusiastic following (maybe even cult-like).

Would it be like The Rocky Horror Picture Show where aficionados dress up and chant the words along with the dialogue? Great!

Would it be like The Rocky Horror Picture Show where aficionados dress up and chant the words along with the dialogue? Great!

I can't think of a better use for your spare room! You sure know how to take a great idea and run with it! But remember, it's imperative that you check the movie out from the library.

We've never accessed Netflix so don't know what they carry....presumed, rightly or wrongly, that they might have a fairly wide range of offerings.

There is a what are you watching lately thread.

Netflix does carry a wide range of offerings, including plenty of foreign content.

As far as I can determine, that Italian series is available on Amazon Video but not free for Prime. Haven’t found another source. Seems to be controlled by BBC now?

I went to a lecture yesterday detailing all the benefits our local library offers. I was amazed at what our tax dollars are providing the public. And I'm thrilled about it. The long list of technical advice, lending materials and private room access with huge computer screens for business and school related teaching is admirable. The endless movie, music, documentary, book access (even new bestseller publications) and magazines surprised me. All free to the public. No late fees, ever. Our new library system is awesome.

Getting back on track....
On Netflix: Shetland police series set in the Shetland Islands, Scotland. Three seasons.

Getting back on track....
On Netflix: Shetland police series set in the Shetland Islands, Scotland. Three seasons.
Just finished season 4. checked it out from the library. not on netflix yet. still a very good series.

If you are curious about shows produced in Eastern Europe and Russia, consider "1983" and "The Sniffer". The former is a Cold War alternate history saga that has been dubbed from Polish into English. The Sniffer is a light, sometimes humorous, crime mystery in which a detective with an acute sense of smell can sniff out the culprit.

I started 1983 but there were places that captions didn’t work. My guess is that they temporarily began speaking Russian instead of Polish and it messed up the captions. So I missed out on a big chunk of dialogue. I gave up.

Season 3 of Wanted is now on Netflix. Wanted is a Netflix produced series from Australia. Fascinating story of two women caught in circumstances that force them to do a Thelma and Louise (but with Aussie twists) - and the scenery is 'beaut.'

"Is That You", available free with Amazon Prime, is an Israeli film set in the U.S. about a fellow (Ronnie) who loses his job in Israel and decides to make a first trip to the U.S. to see his brother. His brother mentions he recently had contact with a long-ago love of Ronnie's (from 40 years ago) so Ronnie sets off on a jaunt to find her with only the skimpiest of information. He runs into a young woman who offers to help him if he lets her film the search for Rachel as a documentary for her film class. This leads to all sorts of twists and turns and escapades and encounters with older adults musing on "the road not taken". I enjoyed it.

Season 3 of Wanted is now on Netflix. Wanted is a Netflix produced series from Australia. Fascinating story of two women caught in circumstances that force them to do a Thelma and Louise (but with Aussie twists) - and the scenery is 'beaut.'

Sounds good! Can't find it on Netflix. We only do DVDs so maybe that is why.

I've watched the first two seasons. It's nothing serious and is more like a comedy than a crime show, but I guess there is nothing bad about those qualities. I will definitely watch Season 3.

Among the books I read last year was a novel called “You” which I quite liked. The filmed version recently appeared in Netflix’s list of new offerings so my curiosity was piqued. The author was able to walk a line between the story being a thriller and a very dark comedy. Happily the filmmakers were able to strike the same balance. The cast consisted of unknowns (at least to me) but they were all first-rate.

Tidying Up with Marie Kondo series just started 1/1 on Netflix from the book "The Magic Art of Tidying Up." I loved it--even rather emotional. YMMV

We just started watching Bosch, and have 4 seasons to catch up on. Also saw Birdbox last nite. Sandra Bullock was great

Derry Girls—really funny

Following 16-year-old Erin and her friends as they grow up in a world of armed police in armoured Land Rovers and British Army check points in 1990s Northern Ireland.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom