Networth Increase Doldrums

Hey, what do you know. Thanks to the markets little nudge of euphoria we are sitting at $605,000 today. Yaaay! I know, easy come, easy go, but it is a nice little mental accomplishment.

Look on the bright side, you're buying (somewhat) low based on an assumed future market rise.....
Gotta love a sale! :cool:

Pulled a bunch out the last few years (15% for kids to get houses in the SF Bay Area) but compounding will take over soon

For the OP: it's harder on renters as your entire net worth is based on stock market - no home equity involved. But then I don't include home equity in our valuations as you cannot (or should not) spend it IMHO

Last edited:
Me think OP should not take invest in the stock market. I checked the sp500 on his first posting and today's price. Virtually no change. I don't see why one should get excited over small fluctuation. Take 40% off your investment and see how you feel. If that doesn't feel too good, you are over invested.

One solution is to look less frequently :).
Don't worry, once you hit 600, there's 700, 800, 1M, 2M, 4M, 10M... you have to get pretty high before the next target isn't in sight :p

You're on a great path!

gayl - our REITS give us a fair amount of equity in real estate.

Fedup - the initial post was about making slow headway, not necessarily about market fluctuations. I didn't check the markets on the day I posted, but thanks to a slight rise since I last did, plus some savings this month, we were finally pushed over this little psychological barrier, that's all.

Last edited:
Simple answer. Add the future value of government retirement payments!
Don't worry. Be happy.

Back
Top Bottom