New allergies or sensitivies as we age?

Pardon the sidebar but would be interested in seeing your notes if you're open to sharing. Do not hesitate to DM me.

It is kind of hard to post exactly what helped what as much of it was interrelated, and I made a lot of changes all at one time, after getting the gut and nutrition tests back. I had some pathogenic bacteria linked to gluten sensitivity, IgA response to gluten, a vitamin D deficiency which is linked to gluten sensitivity, a marker high for a common mold which has a cause-effect relationship to vitamin D deficiency, I was low in a number of B vitamins which seems to be linked to vitamin D deficiencies, etc. Salicylate intolerance is apparently linked to vitamin B6 deficiency.

In total I had over 30 markers out of range. As I've been addressing each of them my recent allergy and digestion issues are all disappearing. I never had issues with spicy foods until a year or so ago, and now that has ended. I just had salsa with lunch today.

If you want detailed examples, there are interpretive guides online and many good Youtube videos with case studies by doctors affiliated with the labs that make these kinds of tests including Great Plains, Diagnostic Solutions and Genova. Many of the GI Map tests are especially interesting.

Last edited:
I saw this video today and it links the research on specific gut bacteria to Celiac disease, food sensitivities and allergies, with diagrams and snippets of the research studies to show how all of these link together in the gut. It explains why improving my gut bacteria has actually been helping my allergies, too.

I had no problems with cat dander until the last year, when the roomie's cat set me off. She wants to head-butt and rub against me and I had to stop that and just extend a fist out there to bump, followed by hand washing.

I saw this video today and it links the research on specific gut bacteria to Celiac disease, food sensitivities and allergies, with diagrams and snippets of the research studies to show how all of these link together in the gut. It explains why improving my gut bacteria has actually been helping my allergies, too.

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting video. I’ll check out the website and I am considering doing the tests.

Back
Top Bottom