New to the forums

earlybird

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi, great to find this forum! A little about us... Hubby is 52, can retire with pension and most of our health insurance premiums paid (about 70%) if he waits til age 56. He's getting ansy to get out sooner - stress level on job. I'm trying to get him to stay the 4 years. I'm of no help financially, I stayed home to raise the kids (who every time we send them out on their own, somebody returns!)

We are completely naive regarding what to do, what we need financially to retire... so I'm going to post my questions about that on another thread.

Wow, it's just great to have a place like this to ask questions!

Welcome. This is a good place. Its not entirely balanced, most regular folks here lean towards ....early...retirement. Four years is a short or long time depending. I think the first thing is to get to financial independence. Then do whatever you like, including work if you like it.
As you post questions you will some really insightful replies from people who have pursued quite a variety of paths to early retirement.

Welcome! There are several on here that can give you some good sound advice when you do post your financial data. Good luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom