Shocking Price to Launder a Comforter!

I’d say laundromat. If you don’t want to do that and don’t want to pay, do you have a bathtub? Put in water, a very little detergent (or cleaning vinegar, but not both together) let it soak quite a while, then dry it in the dryer.

Alternatively, if not visibly dirty you can just run it through a long hot dryer cycle (add some tennis or laundry balls) and that will help at least get rid of some of residual dust, dust mites and dead skin cells.

King size comforters are one reason we always get washers with large enough tubs.

As for laundromats- yeah, I used one in a hotel a year ago- pretty amazing how fast those machines sucked up every quarter I had. The Airbnb apartment I had in Munich last year was far more civilized. You downloaded an app called WeWash, input credit card info, and it told you what machine to use and notified you when it was done.

Laudromat we went to I believe somewhere in Utah required you to download an app to run any of their machines. App required phone number, email address in addition to credit card number. We went somewhere else. Didn't want to download no stinkin' app just to run a stinkin' laundromat washer!

Laudromat we went to I believe somewhere in Utah required you to download an app to run any of their machines. App required phone number, email address in addition to credit card number. We went somewhere else. Didn't want to download no stinkin' app just to run a stinkin' laundromat washer!

Next thing you know, you'll need an app to use the public john!:cool:

If you wash the cover regularly then perhaps all you need to do is hang the comforter outside on a sunny, breezy day and let the sun sterilize it for you and the breeze fluff it up. I wouldn't spend $50 washing a comforter, that's for sure.

Find a new laundromat that offers wash and fold services.
We just took our 2 granddaughters camp stuff to be washed upon their return from sleepaway camp this week. 2 twin comforters, sheets and about 10 pounds of clothes were done in 5 hours, all came back wrapped as requested in separate bags. $31 total price!!

Back
Top Bottom