New York Times introducing digital subscriptions

bamsphd

Recycles dryer sheets
Starting today in Canada, and March 28, 2011 globally:

On NYTimes.com, you can view 20 articles each month at no charge (including slide shows, videos and other features). After 20 articles, we will ask you to become a digital subscriber, with full access to our site.
For more information, go to http://nytimes.com/digitalfaq

Bye bye :greetings10: NYTimes. I'm way too cheap to subscribe.

What other "free" electronic papers do others like these days?

I got my iPad2 (my first iPad) Friday and installed the NYTimes app. I liked until it got stuck on Monday's news for three days. I just looked and now it is on Thursday. Anyway, looks like I'll just uninstall it.

I also have installed "The Daily", Today, Zite, and ABC News. They are free and look interesting. I have not used them enough to get a favorite.

Are there 20 articles worth viewing from the New York Times site ?

I do like the NYT's. Normally, I just get the Sunday paper edition. With the Japanese situation I've found the NYT online site to post updates quicker than most sites. I won't automatically sign up. I'll see if I really feel deprived after a few months.

I do like the NYT's. Normally, I just get the Sunday paper edition. With the Japanese situation I've found the NYT online site to post updates quicker than most sites. I won't automatically sign up. I'll see if I really feel deprived after a few months.

Are you a Sunday subscriber or do you go pick one up?

From the FAQ-

Home Delivery:
Home delivery subscribers can get the All Digital Access package for free. All print subscribers (7-day, Monday–Friday, Weekender, Sunday only, etc.) can get the All Digital Access product for free.
To activate your digital subscription, you'll need to connect your home delivery subscription to your NYTimes.com account. If you haven't already done so, visit this page to connect your accounts.

Starting today in Canada, and March 28, 2011 globally:

On NYTimes.com, you can view 20 articles each month at no charge (including slide shows, videos and other features). After 20 articles, we will ask you to become a digital subscriber, with full access to our site.
For more information, go to Digital Subscriptions and Premium Products - The New York Times

Bye bye :greetings10: NYTimes. I'm way too cheap to subscribe.

What other "free" electronic papers do others like these days?
Check your library. I can get NYT, WSJ, Financial Times and many other papers, as well as ValueLine and Morningstar and some other databases too -all prepaid by whatever I pay in taxes anyway.

Ha

Are you a Sunday subscriber or do you go pick one up?

I am not a subscriber. I go pick one up. When I was a kid I remember looking forward to going with my father down to the Broad River General Store to get the Sunday papers. It was a great old time general store perfect for little kids. Ever since I continued to go pick up my Sunday paper.

A little sentimental . . . I guess

It sucks, but I guess they need to make a living too.
I read it almost every day, but I'll see how much I miss it before subscribing.

Back
Top Bottom