Nitro Make Everything Better!

I thought they were talking about nitrous oxide at first. Now that would make an interesting drink! Then I thought, given the average age here, could it be nitroglycerin?.
Talking about alternative gasses dissolved in beverages, there's a video that shows what happens when you put helium in beer. I really should have posted this 3 weeks+ ago.

Talking about alternative gasses dissolved in beverages, there's a video that shows what happens when you put helium in beer. I really should have posted this 3 weeks+ ago.

Sorry to er, burst your bubble (so to speak), this looks bogus. To achieve enough He from a bottle of bier (beer) would be impossible for causing the altered voices. One needs to virtually replace all the "air" in the lungs with He to achieve the squeaky voice. How much He can one dissolve in a beer - not very much though YMMV.

In the olden days, we'd just chalk it up to a bunch of "hot air."

Since "science!" is now a thing, we exaggerate with new claims.

Maybe I'll start saying: "He's full of helium!" :D

I guess as long as we aren't infusing beverages with astitine, radon, or ununoctlum*, we're OK.

(* in the good old days, the periodic table ended with 104. What's this unu... crap anyway? Ha ha.)

Last edited:

I did not understand the bolded part of your comment when I first read it. Now I do! :D

Back
Top Bottom