nm

Re: Looking for a 'high end' Gas BBQ Grill................

On the off-chance that I will piss off Hank (king of the) Hill, I have never used propane or propane accessiores. I am, in fact, a woodncharcoal man, tried and true. I prefer mesquete, however oak or pecan will do just fine.

If you are going to go to all of the trouble to BBQ, do it the right way. ;)

73ss454 said:
Your #5 cylinder is out.

Thats no #5 cylinder, thats my wife!

Finally something I'm really an expert at...BBQ'ing. Take it from me go with a smaller Weber. My 10 year warrantee just expired and the thing still looks great after 10 years outside in NY. They still carry all the parts! Just replaced the flavorizer bars from HD for $24. I say forget the natural gas connection unless you are placing the unit in a permanent location. I like to move the thing around the deck from time to time.

Tonights menu item - Spiedies

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Sandwiches/Spiedie.htm

Cut-Throat said:
I fried some bacon last night for some BLT's and made a mess of the Kitchen Island and Stove. I made them on the Gas Grill last week, and the mess stays outside! -

Maybe something like this would help me. I would need to buy a carport, or build a little canopy so I could use it in the winter. I recently figured out why everything in my house is covered with coating of grease- I favor high heat cast iron or wok cookery, and I have no range hood.

I guess I could install one, but the layout of the kitchen would make it a no-fun job. Also, with the propane rig, I could cook when the power inevitably goes out in the winter. I would need to build some wind screens, but that is within my rough and ready carpentry abilities.

My current grill and my grill for the last 30 years is a brake drum from an 18 wheeler. I usually use alder, occasionally charcoal. KISS , LBYM and all that jazz.  :)

Ha

Maybe something like this would help me. I would need to buy a carport, or build a little canopy so I could use it in the winter.

Well, I have been using my charcoal grill on my deck in the winter in Minnesota. With temps as cold as 15 below zero. No canopy or carport. I grill in the rain, wind snow and sleet with few problems. With Propane it would be even easier.

Cut-Throat said:
the food I grilled on the Vermont Castings Gas Grill was every bit as good and NO Trouble.
Probably farm raised salmon. Stuff tastes like wet newspaper no matter how you cook it ;)

I fried some bacon last night for some BLT's and made a mess of the Kitchen Island and Stove. I made them on the Gas Grill last week, and the mess stays outside!
Even easier and you dont need a grill! Bacon can be made to self cook. Just skewer it on the end of a fork, step away from anything flamable, and light one end with a bic lighter. Blow out when its reached desired crispness, blow on it to cool, and eat. Then take a bite of lettuce and a bite of tomato. Enjoy.

Only problem is, the last time I demonstrated self cooking bacon, everyone at the party wanted to see what else self-burns.

Tortilla chips were big winners.

Congrats. Looks slick!. Sure is a lot slicker than my 18 wheeler brake drum.  :)

Ha

HaHa said:
Congrats. Looks slick!. Sure is a lot slicker than my 18 wheeler brake drum. :)

Sure, but you win the prize for LBYM!

Awesome! I love cooking on a nice grill, and DW loves that I love cooking on a nice grill! Plus, whenever my friends are deciding where to BBQ, my house is always first choice!

I'm sure you will get many years of enjoyment from it.

Tonight salmon fillets...a little fresh dill...some butter THATS IT!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom