Nova Scotia questions

vafoodie

Recycles dryer sheets
I am stuck in planning my Nova Scotia itinerary. We need to see what we can see without too much rushing between August 17 and needing to be back in VA by Sept 2. We are two fit 60 somethings driving from Yorktown VA. Thus far, I have us coming in from Bangor, Maine in the late afternoon of Aug 17. 4 nights in Halifax from which we will do a day trip to Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg and anywhere else you tell me I must see. From there, I get a bit lost. We plan to go to Baddeck to stay 2 nights. There seems to be a lot I want to do there. Alexander Bell Museum, Highland Village, First Nation Museum (anything else?). Then we hit the Cabot Trail, and I really get lost.
We will loop to the West Coast along the Cabot Trail, and I don't know where we should plan to stay on that side and if lodging will be impossible if we just wing it, waiting to see how far we get each day. Is there anywhere cool to stay between Cheticamp and Pictou? I guess my question is what are the must dos on the West Coast of Nova Scotia heading back to the US. Veering over to PEI is still a possibility, but given time constraints, may want to save that for another trip. We like to experience unique local culture. We want to experience as many Ciadiahs as we can and eat the best local food. Easy hikes, kayaking and whale watching that won't scare me are also things we want to do.
Suggestions for lodging along the way would be most appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom