On the verge of fulfilling a long awaited goal

Will those of you who have successfully found rentals for only a few weeks and/or had good experiences with local rental agencies please share details? I’d still like to try South FL in the winter but haven’t been able to find good options on VRBO or Airbnb. Thanks!

It doesn't. Having been a South Florida resident at one time, I assure you, one-month stayers are lumped into the snowbird category with everyone else. You ain't from around here, and that's that.

That said, most people who post "snowbird" questions are usually leaving their northern homes for 3-4 months at a time. Issues multiply, and can be different.

I guess not. Didn’t realize snowbirding required multi month living .

To get your reply maybe?

Na, I was just trying to make Cooch feel a little better after your definition of snowbirding….and your disparaging comments about the idea of moving from place to place. It's not as cut and dried as you think.

I guess not. Didn’t realize snowbirding required multi month living Sorry. I certainly didn’t mean to offend anyone by contributing.

We go down to Fort Meyers for 12 days in February. I don't dare post on this thread.:LOL:

We go down to Fort Meyers for 12 days in February. I don't dare post on this thread.:LOL:

Do you go to a hotel or rent a condo or property? Don't worry post away most of us don't bite...

Where are some good places to look for month long + rentals? VRBO seems to be pretty high, although that may be the case for anything in FL due to so many snow birds heading south.

My inlaws rented a condo on the beach near st Augustine. It was around $3k/month...and its certainly not the nicest place ive seen. Is that the going rate? I realize if you're not near a beach cost is going to plummet.

We went to Jacksonville over the xmas/new years week. Temps higher than normal, 80 everyday. Golfed daily. Now back in PA...solid 32 degrees today!

Going to make our first winter getaway in the end of Jan. Heading down to Pine Island with our Airstream to see how the snowbirds live. Can't wait.

Where are some good places to look for month long + rentals? VRBO seems to be pretty high, although that may be the case for anything in FL due to so many snow birds heading south.

My inlaws rented a condo on the beach near st Augustine. It was around $3k/month...and its certainly not the nicest place ive seen. Is that the going rate? I realize if you're not near a beach cost is going to plummet.

We went to Jacksonville over the xmas/new years week. Temps higher than normal, 80 everyday. Golfed daily. Now back in PA...solid 32 degrees today!

Last year I went for ten days to stay in a condo the owner listed on VRBO or Airbnb. After staying there I was told by newly made friends staying there about a snowbird program that I am going this year on. Same condo and room for 30 days same cost as last years ten day stay.

Back
Top Bottom