Online communities foster financial risk??

Hmmm - I used to be an unemployed slacker and cheap SOB - with a webtv and cheap phone hookup.

Then I came across this forum and became a high class ER, forgot line dry, mastered the art of dryer sheets and the rest is history. And early on received a used computer for Christmas.

:D ? Cushion effect? Perhaps as I recently bought some fabric softener crystals.

heh heh heh - :cool: Perhaps losing discipline and taking more chances - but I'm not getting any younger. :rolleyes:

There may be some truth to the article. I don't think I would be trying to retire at such a young age but for this forum. More likely is that I would have continued working and amassing more money, not realizing that "winning" isn't defined by how much money you have saved but what value you get out of the money, and figuring out when you have "enough".

Unquestionably I have received ample good advice and education here on investing and tax efficiency, etc. But my retirement might be slightly more risky since I'll be retiring earlier and possibly with less money than I otherwise would have had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom