Our New 77lb Puppy

38Chevy454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Last week DW and I adopted a dog from a local animal rescue. We have always had dogs, usually 2 or 3. But our last old dog passed on last Oct. We decided to hold off until this spring given our winter snowbird trip that started last Dec. Now we have been back home and the house was just too quiet.

So here is our new approx 1 year old lab mix, 77 lbs of puppy. Came with name of Tucker so we're keeping that as his name. House isn't quiet anymore, LOL. He is real smart and already knows several commands. But due to not so good training when younger we are working on some things like pulling on leash, jumping up on people, and being tall he counter surfs. He also chases our 2 cats, they aren't too thrilled with the new dog.

It's nice having a dog again.
20220422_180238.jpg20220420_090116.jpg

Last week DW and I adopted a dog from a local animal rescue. We have always had dogs, usually 2 or 3. But our last old dog passed on last Oct. We decided to hold off until this spring given our winter snowbird trip that started last Dec. Now we have been back home and the house was just too quiet.

So here is our new approx 1 year old lab mix, 77 lbs of puppy. Came with name of Tucker so we're keeping that as his name. House isn't quiet anymore, LOL. He is real smart and already knows several commands. But due to not so good training when younger we are working on some things like pulling on leash, jumping up on people, and being tall he counter surfs. He also chases our 2 cats, they aren't too thrilled with the new dog.

It's nice having a dog again.
View attachment 42287View attachment 42288

Congrats! He looks pretty pleased in that 2nd photo.

DD fosters Great Danes -abandoned or turned in by their owners unable/unwilling to care for them. She has had two of them die (they age quickly and come with lots of problems.) She is so good with them and they all lover her.

Her first foster was called, you guessed it, Duke. He would sit on a couch like a human. Bottom on the couch, back legs on the floor, front legs either on the floor or his knees. He never once let us get between him and DD.

Another foster ATE her couch because she didn't get home on time. He was the most needy of her fosters.

She has even had two GDs at a time - a mom and her 'adult' pup. What a circus.

Enjoy your pup! Many years of happy time together. Aloha

DD fosters Great Danes -abandoned or turned in by their owners unable/unwilling to care for them. She has had two of them die (they age quickly and come with lots of problems.) She is so good with them and they all lover her.

Her first foster was called, you guessed it, Duke. He would sit on a couch like a human. Bottom on the couch, back legs on the floor, front legs either on the floor or his knees. He never once let us get between him and DD.

Another foster ATE her couch because she didn't get home on time. He was the most needy of her fosters.

She has even had two GDs at a time - a mom and her 'adult' pup. What a circus.

Enjoy your pup! Many years of happy time together. Aloha

My high school buddy's family raised Great Danes years ago. Their back yard looked like Vietnam after a bombing run. Great dogs though.

Congrads... I can see the Lab in his face.

Good for you! Markings like our "Lucy"

19968423790_988c3763e3_z.jpg

Congratulations!! What a cutie:)
We got our new pup in February, nice to have a dog in the house again.

Attachments

• molly.jpg
    molly.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 25
Yeah, I don't think God or man has ever "invented" an ugly dog - not even a Char-pei. YMMV

Congratulations good looking pup.

It's way too quite when our dogs are gone for grooming.

Very Cute. We have 4 dogs. A kelpie (type of cattle dog - 9), a lab (7, 80 lbs), a huskey (5), and a Great Dane (9mos, 105 lbs). And we recently had to put our basset down (12).

We will likely let nature, naturally bring ours down to 2 and then see what happens after that. We watched our son's Dane for about a year and fell in love, my wife especially, thus why we now have one. We are aware of their shorter life span, but they sure do pack in a lot of lovin' during that time. They truly have no idea how big they are.

cd : O)

Cute dog--glad you chose a rescue.

Ah, Danes...my favorite, had one when I was a kid. DH thinks they are too big, so none for us...yet.
Current pup is 12+ and having aging problems, but not there yet. He still occasionally gets his pep back

Congrats on the new pup. DS/DDIL also adopted a rescue, now a little over 1 year old, and a lab mixed with boxer and GSP. Probably more boxer than the other two breeds. He is a big boy.

Attachments

• E59BFE8A-6C94-40EE-887A-3F61185716B4.jpg
    E59BFE8A-6C94-40EE-887A-3F61185716B4.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom