Paranormal Experiences?

Yeah, I've had what are called ADCs (after-death communications) with both of my dogs, after they passed on. The first was a visual abberation, accompanied by an altered sense of reality and a meaning or a message, if you like. The other was a tactile ADC. It was the tactile sensation of feeling my dog's body next to me in the chair where we'd always sit. I could not see her, but I felt her body next to me; it had a weight to it, and I felt her skin/fur. That happened twice, after she died.

I've had dozens of other experiences as well -- signs, shadows, felt impressions, messages, etc. I admit that some of those might've been imagination or wishful thinking (I can't rule it out), but others were too convincing on a gut level, or too coincidental to be coincidence. I've had other "spiritual" experiences as well, and some of these had an uncanny, other-worldly quality.

I know it's not convincing to hear about other people's personal experiences. That's okay. I don't expect it to convince anyone else. I actually think many of these experiences are just meant for us, not to persuade others.

I would say, though, that these experiences can be very personally persuasive, in a way that other evidence or arguments may not be. Part of the reason for that is that they're accompanied by a sense that the person (or in my case, dog) is actually there, present at the time. You can feel it. It stamps the experience with authenticity. At least that's how it works for me.

I've read/heard of situations where folks would see impressions on a bed of a pet that had passed.

A few days after a dog had passed, I was awoken by what I heard was the doorbell ring and the dog that passed barking. Of course, I went to answer the door (seemed that real to me) but no one was there. Going back to bed, and even to this day, I don't know if the experience was just a dream or something paranormal. Surely seemed like I was awake though.

One night while working as a policeman I was ambushed from an overhead railroad pass. I was driving a police vehicle alone. ...
Damn. Glad you survived this. Were you targeted or was it someone who decided to randomly attack an LEO?

I had this exact same super slow motion effect happen to me when I was in a car accident years ago. ...

Not sure if this is a paranormal experience or not. I always chalked it up to a burst of adrenaline that allowed my brain to shift into overdrive and think clearly and super quickly. I suspect a side effect of the amped up brain processing speed is the feeling of time dilation.
I had a similar experience. I was driving on an icy winter day with the young DW and our first two (very young) boys. I lost control, left the road, and started sliding down a hill toward a river. Things did not look good.

But everything was moving so slowly that I started telling my wife what to do once we hit the water: unbuckle, jump in back and unbuckle the boys, hand one to me, grab the other ...

Incredibly, the whole time I was talking to her I was also trying to "steer" the car toward a tree on the water's edge. Thankfully, I was able to do so and hit the tree, stopping the car and preventing it from going in the river. :eek:

i had what some my consider a paranormal experience just the other day.

one of my best, closest and oldest friend is 'Charlie'. the other night after i'd been sleeping for about an hour I suddenly awoke and said out loud..."Is Charlie OK?". that woke up my wife and I then asked her, "Do you think Charlie is OK?" my wife assured me that he was and we both fell back asleep.

the next morning as I'm having my breakfast i get a phone call from Charlie. he tells me that his wife has tested positive for CV19 but is asymptomatic. his doc will be testing him in a day or so but he's also feeling fine with no symptoms.

very strange.

I've read/heard of situations where folks would see impressions on a bed of a pet that had passed.

A few days after a dog had passed, I was awoken by what I heard was the doorbell ring and the dog that passed barking. Of course, I went to answer the door (seemed that real to me) but no one was there. Going back to bed, and even to this day, I don't know if the experience was just a dream or something paranormal. Surely seemed like I was awake though.

Interesting. Yeah, there are thousands of these ADC cases with regard to deceased human beings, some of them very convincing, because of corroborative evidence -- e.g., they see someone they did not know was dead, only later learning about the death, or there are multiple witnesses to the event. A book with the corny title of "Hello from Heaven" collected a lot of these.

ADCs involving "dead" people are much more common, but there are many accounts of "dead" animals coming back for a visit, too. Some of them have the same corroborative features (encounter with an animal the person didn't know was dead, multiple witnesses, etc.). Sometimes people will see the animal, sometimes they'll hear them (like you did, with a bark or a collar jingling), and sometimes they'll feel them (like you mention with the bed depressing; I've had a couple of those experiences too).

After reading a bunch of them, and having a few myself, I find it very hard to dismiss them all as nothing more than runaway imagination or delusions brought on by grief. That just doesn't cut it.

Can't say it was paranormal, but DW and I used swear we could hear our (recently deceased) cat calling to us as we were getting ready to enter the house from the garage. She always did that and it took a long time before we couldn't "hear" her any more.

Back
Top Bottom