Partial Retirement?

How about Life 2.0? It has that 'fix all the bugs' sound to it. Scratch that, we probably need to make that Life 7.6 Rev 4 to get the major one fixed.

ESRBob said:
How about Life 2.0? It has that 'fix all the bugs' sound to it. Scratch that, we probably need to make that Life 7.6 Rev 4 to get the major one fixed.
Hey . . . that sounds like an engineer's answer. You're supposed to be the artist. :)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Yer either working or ya aint.
Yeah. We've been here before. The problem comes when you define work.

Is work what you do for pay? When volunteers do the same effort for nothing is it work?

If Nords offered to pay you by the post to write for the forum, would that be work?

Is what a truck driver does, driving a large vehicle thousands of miles work? What about RVer's?

Is lifting and carrying dozens of pounds on your back work? Lots of manual labor involves this. So does backpacking.

Is surfing the internet work? If not why are so many office workers being paid to do it?

Is reading and writing a book review work? Some people are paid to do it. Others do it for the forum and Amazon.com for free.

. . . :) :) :)

Alright, thats a cop out.

If you wanna do it and its your option to avoid it as long as you see fit, within reason, you're not doing work.

If you dont wanna do it, you have to do it, and some other person will have your ass if you dont do it to their satisfaction, then its work.

The latter is also sometimes referred to as 'marriage'.

Yeah, sometimes I think the reason my wife was so supportive of my ER plans was that at last she wouldn't have to compete with my clients. Now I only have one Client, 24/7! Works for her! :D

Sgeee, I like your list. It certainly probes in there into the gray areas. Made me start thinking about the park rangers I see out on the trails in the high country when I'm backpacking -- work? not work? I think if you look at their paychecks, though, the answer is kinda moot!

sgeeeee said:
If Nords offered to pay you by the post to write for the forum, would that be work?
Well, first we'd have to tackle that quantity vs quality issue.

sgeeeee said:
Is reading [a book] and writing a book review work? Some people are paid to do it. Others do it for the forum and Amazon.com for free.
Nah, that ain't work-- it's occupational therapy.

Back
Top Bottom