People/Business Moving from CA (&NY) to TX (&FL)?

One bought a home over the Internet here for $110,000 before she arrived and was thrilled.

I know 100k is not even a downpayment here in ca, but to buy a house over the internet:confused:

Guy who worked for me transferred from San Jose CA to our office in Austin TX.

For what he was paying for a one bedroom apartment, he was able to buy a 2500 sf home in TX. What he saved in CA income tax covered his property tax.

I know 100k is not even a downpayment here in ca, but to buy a house over the internet:confused:

Yes, she actually bought a home in a nearby neighborhood. It had been for sale for awhile, and she had saved quite a bit, but still couldn't afford a home in southern CA. She had the inspection done and lots of photos sent to her. It is a 2300 sq ft home and she was able to pay cash. She has a disabled adult son living with her and they were thrilled to have a home, instead of an apartment finally. I think they are very happy here.

Guy who worked for me transferred from San Jose CA to our office in Austin TX.

For what he was paying for a one bedroom apartment, he was able to buy a 2500 sf home in TX. What he saved in CA income tax covered his property tax.
I worked with a guy many years ago who was (job promotion) transferred from San Jose CA to Jackson MS. He had a small 2 bedroom house in San Jose, that he'd bought very well, so it appreciated like wildfire - while Silicon Valley was establishing itself as a center of tech. He had to literally buy what was once a plantation in Jackson to avoid the (then) capital gains tax that would have resulted from pocketing his gains. He was single, rattling around a huge house/property...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom