People Who Should Retire But Don't

I used to work at a heart-lung transplant centre and it was amazing the amount of patients who were waiting for double lung transplants who could be caught having a fag out the front of the hospital.
A thread on a local board has an amazing number of people diagnosed with sleep apnea (via a sleep lab) who are using CPAPs. There's humongous detail on all aspects of the CPAP life, coping with the lab, coping with the syndrome, and so on. Reading this thread gives the impression that the CPAP manufacturers are making piles of money.

Just about every one of those posters says "And I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to start thinking about preparing to commence getting set to lose a little weight."

I know that one of the best ways to reduce stress on torn-up knees is by losing weight-- but those last 10 pounds seemed to take darn near forever.

Humans have an amazing capacity to adapt to whatever circumstances will enable them to avoid doing something that they really don't want to do, until they can no longer do anything.

[Getting back on topic: Insert ER metaphor here...]

Well, Lance Armstrong has finally admitted that he can't turn it off. Apparently none of the women he's dated over the last few years are able to keep him physically or mentally stimulated, either:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/stor...etire:-`09-Tour-`is-the-intention`?print=true

Somewhere Michael Jordan is thinking "Looooser!"

Oh, maybe I should come out of my retirement from cycling. I'm sure I can still beat 3-year-old tykes on tricycles. Well, maybe if their bikes aren't decked out with streamers. With the streamers, they just have too much aerodynamic advantage.

If I were Lance, I would have been happy staying home to watch Sheryl Crow sing. Oh, wait, Lanced dumped her a while ago. Man, it must be cool to dump a rock star. I personally have only dumped rocks.

Armstrong was just quoted a few days ago saying that he's happy in retirement because now he longer has to abstain from wine and beers. I can't believe he's ready to go back. I remember Jan Ullrich getting derided for being fat during the off season because at 6' he "ballooned" up to 175 lbs.

Add Mark Cuban to the list.

Here is a link to the full article: SEC charges Mark Cuban with insider trading - Yahoo! Sports

Federal regulators on Monday charged Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban with insider trading for allegedly using confidential information on a stock sale to avoid more than $750,000 in losses.

He is one of the richest people in the world, according to Forbes magazine, which pegged his net worth at $2.3 billion as of March 2007.

Attachments

• mark_cuban_01.jpg
    mark_cuban_01.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom