Perfect answer?-Day 4

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Was asked again yesterday 'how is retirement?' .. that question is right up there with 'what do you do all day'..

I think I finally figured out the perfect answer for me to give to that question... I might have picked this up somewhere, but I don't think so. YMMV.

You remember when you were w*rking and took a week long vacation for a cruise, trip to Mexico, to the beach, to the mountains...wherever...

Day 1 was always travel day, very hectic, not much fun. Try to catch someone smiling in an airport.... it doesn't happen.
Day 2, get used to your surroundings day. Stock up on needs... try to settle in..survey the lay of the land...Still worrying a little about w*ork stuff. Have a cocktail or 4.
Day 3, have a Bloody Mary because this day is usually hectic with the agenda of things to do, places to see. Checking stuff off the list that you or your SO prepared for 'the vacation'. Get exhausted cause you'll sleep well tonight.
Day 4, the list is out the window, you've de-stressed because you finally realize that you can do whatever the hell you want. It's time to relax and ponder your options. It's been 100+ hours since your last w*ork brain cell fired off and you've deflated your w*ork tension more than Tom Brady deflated his balls. This is the best day of the year and you will damn well enjoy it like the heaven it is..tomorrow is day 5 and you will begin to feel your j*b tugging at you...sucking you slowly back to reality.

So, what's retirement like? It's freakin' Day 4, every day!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

Back
Top Bottom