Personal celebration

mickj

Recycles dryer sheets
Reached just north of 1.1 million net worth.

I never thought it was possible that I could retire early.

Hoping that my health and my wife’s health improve so that we can enjoy retirement some day.

Thanks to all the forum members for helping me along my journey.

Nice!

Is working hard to accumulate wealth part of the reason your health is worse than you'd like? Can you back off a bit to work on your health? Physical health is as important as financial health to enjoy a long and prosperous retirement, and hopefully an early retirement too.

Good for you! Hope your physical health improves as your financial health has.
Take care

Reached just north of 1.1 million net worth.

I never thought it was possible that I could retire early.

Hoping that my health and my wife’s health improve so that we can enjoy retirement some day.

Thanks to all the forum members for helping me along my journey.

Nice! Good for you! :clap:

Nice!

Is working hard to accumulate wealth part of the reason your health is worse than you'd like? Can you back off a bit to work on your health? Physical health is as important as financial health to enjoy a long and prosperous retirement, and hopefully an early retirement too.

Thankfully my job is fairly low stress, I have backed off a little more after my last heart attack though,

Thanks for pointing this aspect out!

They say the 1st million is the hardest, it was for me anyway.... Took me almost 50 years for the first mil.. The second came in the next 4 or 5 yrs, the third in the next 2, etc.

Congratulations.

Congratulations!

Since retirement DW and I have lost a combined 120 pounds and feel much better. Honestly some of the posters here helped immensely.

Thankfully my job is fairly low stress, I have backed off a little more after my last heart attack though,

Thanks for pointing this aspect out!
Good luck with that. If a story helps, my dad had a major heart attack in his late 50s. He was able to retire at 62, and 30 years (after his heart attack) later is still alive and very healthy.

I recall physically relaxing somewhat when I reached a stable $1mil. I still w*rked, but took less BS than before. It's a great milestone you have reached. Congrats!

Congratulations! You should give yourself a pat on the back - it takes patience and discipline to get there. I remember when we got to $1 million - i was in our basement and I saw it but could not share it with the kids. So had a quiet jumping up and down ceremony by myself.

Best wishes to you!!

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment. The power of compounding will now really help you build wealth. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom