Pet Peeves....

Much worse: the Pennsylvania drivers driving through Maryland to go to work in Baltimore or DC or the corresponding suburbs.

Also:
Neighbor who lets his car idle for 15 minutes at 5:00 am before he leaves for work.

Me to checkout clerk: "Thank you".
Clerk: "No problem". Well, I'm happy it's not a problem that I'm giving your company my business...

Driver talking on cellphone with a cigarette in the other hand and tailgating me at 60 mph. These are usually women in minivans with a carload of kids, or guys in big ole' pickup trucks. (And I apologize for the stereotypes.)

I hear ya! I swear, I can be in a 5 acre parking lot, there will be 2 suv/pickups in that lot, and I guarantee they'll sandwich me right in between them. :rant:

While I'm on a roll, I'll add....

Customer reps I can barely understand that will tell me their name is 'Kevin'.

Oh yeah baby, I agree with you on the customer service rep. I had one the other day tell me she couldn't understand what I was saying, implying from her tone that the issue was my English not the fact that she could barely string together two words in a comprehensible phrase. Yes Equifax, your customer service sucks.

Oh yeah baby, I agree with you on the customer service rep. I had one the other day tell me she couldn't understand what I was saying, implying from her tone that the issue was my English not the fact that she could barely string together two words in a comprehensible phrase. Yes Equifax, your customer service sucks.

I usally get some guy named "Sammy"..........once I asked "Sammy" what his real name was, and he told me, and I think it had 47 letters in it.........:LOL:

Change in the bottom of the top loader washer that this short person can't hardly reach.

Rotten avocados "fresh" from the store.

But I love lima beans and eggs.

Last edited:
I guess this will sound trivial but here goes......

I can't stand to make a purchase when the total comes out to be something like $5.03 and I don't have the change. This results in receiving a handful of coins that I put into my pocket and I just don't like that at all.
Anyone else have this "change phobia"? I love the little "penny bowls" near the registers and always put my pennies into them, and take a few out when I need to. :LOL::whistle:

I think it's time that they abolish the penny. When I was a kid, we had plastic red or green "mills" that were worth 1/10th and 1/100th of a penny (if my recollection is correct). They abolished them because they were practically worthless. It's time to do the same for the penny.

I don't like getting change either. To keep my change jar from overflowing, I feel like I have to pay exact change and that slows down checkout lines.

Frank is one of the few that actually loves getting change and seeks it out when possible. He puts it all in his change jar. Then once every month or so he takes his change jar to the bank, and gets hundreds of dollars for it. To him change is found money, and fun money that he spends on whatever he wants.

Often he will give me a dollar for four quarters and we are both happy.

My pet peeve is people who eat snacks, drink sodas, and/or talk on their cell phones in elevators. You'd think they could desist for 30 seconds until they get off the elevator, but they wouldn't dream of being that considerate I suppose.

OK, another pet peeve is stores that won't sell you their display model of something when they run out of it. Back "in the day", they used to do that but often they won't any more.

- Pressing "1" for English!
- The comment, "what did you do, join the Navy when you were 10?" (I KNOW it is a compliment - but it is a peeve!)
- On the grammar note, I second the apostrophe useage and would like to add: to, two, and too misuses!!
- Having to frequently change passwords to get into accounts!!! (military sites notorious for this!)
- paper resumes (I work for the DOL - what am I going to DO with a PAPER resume - it is 2010 people!! E-mail it to me so I can share it electronically with prospective employers!
- Using my name 2+ times in a sentence - or touching me like we are old buds...when I just met you...grrrrr!!
- Limp handshakes
- cell phone conversations in the restroom - makes me want to make obnoxious noises! I overheard a baby daddy drama (she had no idea who fathered her baby...who was in the stall with her)

I repeat - liver and onions. I can hack Lima beans in my old age.

heh heh heh - :D

Textspeak. Spell it out, people.

BBC News - Phone texting 'helps pupils to spell'

I'm with Haha and Vincent...I vote for low rider jeans, short shirts (especially really really short ones), and weak bra straps. :angel:

I think it's time that they abolish the penny. When I was a kid, we had plastic red or green "mills" that were worth 1/10th and 1/100th of a penny (if my recollection is correct). They abolished them because they were practically worthless. It's time to do the same for the penny.

Hey, they aren't worthless. I just recently took about 20 lbs of them to the bank, and they gave me $32 for them. :LOL:

2. Dirt and crumbs on counters

What drives me crazy in crumbs in the fridge. What the hell man I don't stand leaning into the fridge eating sandwiches and crackers, nor do I store foods in there that aren't in containers. How on earth are all those crumbs in there?

Also = misleading content for food. Anyone bought slim jims (yeah I know that's not really food) recently? 8 inch tall tube filled with 5 inch tall amalgamated edible meat-style product. Same with lots of bags of stuff, I know some settling can occur but down to 1/3 full.

Salesmen in furniture stores. "I'm just looking" to them means stalk you where ever you go in the store, always in the corner of your eye watching you. Bleh.

A dripping faucet, especially when you are trying to sleep

Dust

forwarded text messages

a child kicking the back of your seat on the airplane

Hey, they aren't worthless. I just recently took about 20 lbs of them to the bank, and they gave me $32 for them. :LOL:

I was amazed and couldn't believe that they were really that heavy, so I weighed a dollar worth of pennies on my kitchen food scale. It came to 9.1 ounces. 9.1 x 32 = 291.2 oz = 18.2 pounds, pretty close to 20 lbs just as you said.

Pennies are HEAVY!

What drives me crazy in crumbs in the fridge. What the hell man I don't stand leaning into the fridge eating sandwiches and crackers, nor do I store foods in there that aren't in containers. How on earth are all those crumbs in there?

Sorry man....have to tell yuh....not good news....I think you got freezer mice.

my single biggest pet peeve is the misuse of the word loose for lose... pennies reminded me of it because we may lose our pennies because they are loose change

Hey, I love American Idol! But, yeah, I do have pet peeves.

1. People who drive too fast or too slow during winter weather.
2. Big SUV's parked on either side of my car.
3. The Beltway.
4. Increased tolls on the Dulles Toll Road.
5. Drivers from Maryland.
6. The Springfield "mixing bowl".
7. Having to get an emmissions inspection.
8. HOV lanes.
9. I-95.
10. People texting or talking on cell phones while driving.

Wait a minute, all my peeves seem to be car or traffic related:blink: Welcome to the Washington, DC area.

Just returned from two days in DC.
Too many politicians, lawyers and bureaurocrats.
Manipulating our lives and workplaces with unnecessary rules.
Glad to be back in the deep South.
Old times here are not forgotten.
Retiring in a couple of months.
Sincerely hope that was the last trip to DC.

Here's my list - all regarding my daughter's use of my kitchen/house.

Leaving the cupboards and drawers open
Not loading dirty dishes in the dish washer
Leaving dishes on the floor in living room
Leaving clothes in the dryer after they are dry
Leaving lights on when not even home

Oh, and I love her very much even with these little annoyances.:D

Yappy dogs that are let out at 11 PM, 4 AM, or various other inconvenient times that sit outside and yip at your house constantly for an hour at a time.

To take an example at random.

OK, now you've got a good reason to move. Just make sure the new location doesn't have the same problems.

I guess this will sound trivial but here goes......

I can't stand to make a purchase when the total comes out to be something like $5.03 and I don't have the change. This results in receiving a handful of coins that I put into my pocket and I just don't like that at all.
Anyone else have this "change phobia"? I love the little "penny bowls" near the registers and always put my pennies into them, and take a few out when I need to. :LOL::whistle:

I've found the solution to this one. I have a little leather [-]coin purse[/-] manly coin satchel that I put in my pocket whenever I go out. My checklist by the door includes "Take [-]coin purse[/-] manly coin satchel."

The seven-day forecast on the local news bugs me. They rarely (I'm serious) get the forecast correct for the next day, yet they have the nerve to pretend that they can tell what the weather's going to be next week. They know it's baloney, but they do it anyway.

Twice last week I canceled the next day's bike ride because the called for major rain, but it was clear all day.

Tattoos, especially tramp stamps.

Improper use of the word "myself"

If you have any questions, contact John or MYSELF for answers.

"Myself" = "I don't know whether I should use "Me" or "I" so I'm saying "Myself."

Back
Top Bottom