PHP Problem

I can't choose between the punchlines:
"At least that's what Microsoft claims 12 inches looks like"
or
"It'll run better on a Mac!"
Not touching that one with a ten foot pole ... arh, arh, etc ;)

So I'm apparently the only one who gets this PHP problem, and this is the only VBulletin forum for which it happens for me.

My guess is that there is some small problem with this forum software, but that it only manifests itself due to some problem with my computer or, more likely, ISP. Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling etc., I'm going to give it a week to fix itself.

If a URL ending in .PHP is proposing a file download, there is something wrong on the server.

Can you save the file and upload some or part of it here?

Thanks for the help. Here is the html file to which the "Newest Post" button points (with text in the middle removed because it was too big to upload as an attachment), and the php file itself.

Attachments

• showthread.php.txt
    391 bytes · Views: 7
  • php-problem-54443ABRIDGED.html.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
I just tried this from Lena's computer, and the same problem exists. That rules out any issues on my computer.

I called my ISP and they say there are no issues on their end, although they are generally clueless. I had them reset my modem, and the problem is still present.

OK, so at least it isn't serving you up the full PHP source file. That's a relief. Apart from that, my IP-fu isn't up to diagnosing the exact nature of the problem.

It's working now! :clap:

I tried it 10 times in a row, and it worked every time. I made no changes since the last time it failed, so something changed on the ISP side or in the forum software (?)

In any case, this shows that sometimes trying too hard to fix something is counter-productive. If I'd just waited four days, I would have saved myself a lot of bother.

See, the government method works. Ignore the problem long enough, either the problem goes away, or by some magic it is repaired.

Edit add: You would not make a good gummint worker, tried too hard for too long.

Last edited:
I made no changes since the last time it failed, so something changed on the ISP side or in the forum software (?)
In any case, this shows that sometimes trying too hard to fix something is counter-productive. If I'd just waited four days, I would have saved myself a lot of bother.
You'd have to waterboard the ISP to get them to admit that they rebooted their servers... "Oh, yeah, we do that every Sunday night"...

Back
Top Bottom