Planning to ER next year, in my 30s.

Danger Will (Scott) Robinson! You pioneered hard for your $$$$ " did it all yourself". Thats the key.

DIY

BUM ;)

Another way of thinking about the portfolio management fees is that if my SWR is 4% and my mgmt. fees are 3% I'm giving away 25% of my annual income for someone to do a few hours of work a year on my portfolio.

I'd rather buy a total international index fund, a total US market index fund and a total bond index fund, move 4% a year into a mmf rebalance once every two to three years and be done with it.

I'm hoping in 8 years Vanguard will offer one fund with a 33.3% split between the three above mentioned funds so I won't even have to rebalance. I can automate the 4% withdrawal and be done with it. Beats the hell out of paying 1% of my total portfolio and the returns will be pretty damn good too.

The beauty of this is that it will be so easy, if I preceed my partner in death I won't have to worry about who she will hire to manage the portfolio.

-helen

Another way of thinking about the portfolio management fees is that if my SWR is 4% and my mgmt. fees are 3% I'm giving away 25% of my annual income for someone to do a few hours of work a year on my portfolio.

Well said. But that's 75% your giving away, right? :)

REW

Back
Top Bottom