Please put down your coffee...

Tekward

Recycles dryer sheets
I don't want to be responsible for keyboard replacements:

Why It's Cool

It's cool & smart to work longer because it increases consumer demand. From the Fiscal Time Age & Reason blog.

I know, they had you at "cool." :dance:

Last edited:
I hope everyone w**ks until 80, so my SS will be there for me.

Older generation, but different "playground".

The "cool kids" are starting up their bands again (I suspect they need to).

The "uncool kids" are happy to retire, and retire early if they can, fools as they are.

I'm glad I'm uncool :LOL: ...

Most of the people I know who are or will work into their 70's, took a lot more time off in their earlier years than I did. They also spent a higher percentage of their earnings on having one heck of a good time. My 2 cents.

Some (perhaps a majority) will always relate their work to who they are. It helps them to think of it as "cool and smart" . They will continue to work until something forces them to stop.

I've always been an "uncool" outlier. :)

Sometimes, though, when pop culture points the way, others will follow, if only because it’s “cool” to do so. Some of the most iconic bands who won our hearts years ago – the Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys, the Chieftains – are now paving the way for active aging, still working well into their 60s and 70s as they celebrate their bands’ 50th anniversaries. And older boomers are filling up arenas and buying $45 T-shirts by the barrel.
So, put me on stage with an audience of thousands, pay me millions in royalties & affiliated merchandise, and see if I'm willing to work until I die? Gosh, I'll have to think about this one. That ain't workin', that's the way you do it.

I wonder how much longer Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger would be working if they were commuting to office jobs and waiting for their bar bands to take off.

So, put me on stage with an audience of thousands, pay me millions in royalties & affiliated merchandise, and see if I'm willing to work until I die? Gosh, I'll have to think about this one. That ain't workin', that's the way you do it.
My thoughts too. Asking Mick or Keith whether they'll continue playing until they drop is like asking Nords whether he'll be surfing as long as he possibly can. Nords might not be getting the huge merch deal, but both are doing something they love.

Ever notice how the solution is always that people adapt to society and never the other way around. We must work longer to keep things chugging along, but god forbid the financial and consumer landscape change to accommodate us.

Besides, how does people retiring, tapping into money they've long had invested and then spending said money reduce consumer demand. It frees up money that is then spent on good and services, it frees up jobs for other people to begin working and spending. Do we stop being consumers when we retire?

This also seems like it has a SS slant. I mean it is predicated that we all rely on government sponsored retirement, but most early retirees paid for it themselves. Plus, who's to say we don't work. How many of us on here remain productive, but in a different field. Some started businesses, several of us write books, whatever. Every time I see an article like this all I think it these guys just have a fundamental misunderstanding of modern retirement.

It's very cool to not have to get up early Monday morning.

I wonder how much longer Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger would be working if they were commuting to office jobs and waiting for their bar bands to take off.
Come on Nords, if you are trying to make late life w*rk look like it's cool, you don't use the poor Wal*Mart greeter as your example.

Rock on Mick!!
Pass me the want ads Honey..:dance::dance:

While you're thinking about it, give a little consideration to what the groupies might look like...

Asking Mick or Keith whether they'll continue playing until they drop is like asking Nords whether he'll be surfing as long as he possibly can.
Keith passed away several years ago, though still performing as well as ever...evidently Mick won't let him quit.

While you're thinking about it, give a little consideration to what the groupies might look like...
I wonder if the groupies have considered what Keith looks like-- don't make me post that topless photo of him with his guitar...

The Beach Boys were "working" at the Grammys last week. And IMO of their performance, they are not a good example of "Cool" older working boomers.

Testing, testing, testing...

Attachments

• keith-richards_on-smoking-weed.jpg
    keith-richards_on-smoking-weed.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 4
Testing, testing, testing...
When I saw his cameo in "Pirates of the Caribbean", I didn't know that he had a cameo. Instead I thought "My gosh that guy looks awful-- he's almost as bad as Keith Richards!"

I guess the camera adds 15 pounds, and the makeup/special effects equipment adds another 15 pounds...

Maybe he's still touring because he needs the income to pay his health insurance premiums.

Back
Top Bottom