• Smooth

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • Crunchy

Votes: 87 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyfish1

Recycles dryer sheets
After a multi year break from avoiding nuts due to frequent migraines , I ultimately retired and have started eating fun things again like peanut butter!
Turns out of course my wife was right it was the stress of work causing the migraines, not the chocolate or nuts!
So, I'M BACK...and my recent fly fishing guide during a very quiet section on a beautiful river in Idaho, randomly says..."so, smooth or crunchy?"
Hysterical!

So where do people stand, smooth or crunchy?

I only eat pb2 (powered peanut butter) these days to save calories.

If calories were free, either or both!

Crunchy by Crazy Richard's. It contains only peanuts and nothing else.

Both, crunchy on a sandwich, smooth with apples or celery. Also smooth on a peanut butter and mung beansprout sandwich. Try it you'll like it!

I'm not going to throw away a jar of crunchy PB if someone gives it to me but the only kind I buy for myself is creamy(smooth). I eat a lot of it. Most of my mid-day eating is PB sandwiches. By sandwich I mean one piece of bread folded in half, not 2 pieces of bread. I eat 2-3 almost every day. For those who say that is not healthy, I am 6'6" and weigh 175 pounds so obviously not making me fat and all my labs are very good. I have eaten PB frequently for 35+ years.

GUEST_5c15e836-4bd6-4b2b-b124-51395f11687a

My personal preference is chunky. But if the traffic at my church's food pantry (where I volunteer most Tuesday's) is any indication, most people like creamy. The people we serve are not paying for it, so that is not an issue one way or the other. They almost always choose creamy when we ask them which they want.

Last edited:
Crunchy. But the wife can only eat creamy. After 35years I quit stocking both types and just acquiesced to eating creamy.

Neither DW nor I have ever wanted the smooth stuff. Crunchy all the way!

The local supermarket had a self-service grinder next to the bags of peanuts and almonds. Nice for a change, but these days I simply buy Jif Extra Crunchy.

Crunchy. But the wife can only eat creamy. After 35years I quit stocking both types and just acquiesced to eating creamy.

I've been known to crush some peanuts and add to a sandwich.

Smooth. I prefer my butter not have chunks.

Wegmans Just Peanuts crunchy. One single ingredient: peanuts. No salt (but I add a pinch), no sugar, no oil, no chemicals you can’t pronounce. My wife and daughter only do smooth.

Clicked the wrong box...:facepalm: Smooth for me.

Someone told me years ago what the crunchy things were in crunchy PB.:nonono: Even though I know (think) they were joking, I'll never forget it.

Last edited:
None! I'm in the anti-peanut camp.

Usually buy Smucker's Natural creamy but the crunchy version is good too.

Either as long as it is 100% peanuts, nothing added at all.

Peanut butter helped get me through college. Brings back memories.

Chunky for me.

I like crunchy. The wife likes creamy. I finally gave in and we only get creamy so we don’t have to stock both in our pantry. I’m such a good husband.

Back
Top Bottom