Poll:Which Vacation Would You Opt For?

Which All $ Inclusive Vacation Length Would You Choose for the Same Money?

• One week at location of your choice for $5000

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Two weeks at location of your choice for $5000

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Three weeks at location of your choice for $5000

Votes: 50 44.6%

• Total voters
I don't care what it costs, I just generally am going to want to move on after a week. Two weeks at one resort would be boring. $5,000 isn't enough money to be a consideration in the decision.

I don't care what it costs, I just generally am going to want to move on after a week. Two weeks at one resort would be boring. $5,000 isn't enough money to be a consideration in the decision.

Absolutely agree. We do mostly independent travel. We often pick up last minute AI's for five-seven days. That is just perfect for us. On a cruise, we are ready to disembark after 14 days.

In both cases we get tired of the food and the surroundings.

And if low cost proves lame, you can always "step it up" in process.

Reminds me of the "all inclusive" Cancun thing we did. Got so tired of the average food at the resort we walked down to a local shop and had really good grilled shrimp served on a cactus leaf. One dinner cost more than a whole day at the resort.
We did a one week all inclusive in French Saint Martin for 4 including drinks (2 teenage boys). We dined in their Fabulous French Restaurant in house or burgers by the pool bar.

But we spurged for one dinner in town and it cost more than one day AI.

But I selected 3 weeks because we are retired now and get our jolies from exploring new places and we have plenty of time.

wow... some of you like to blow thru money... for $5K we can actually go to cozumel and stay for 9 weeks... that includes food/lodging/scuba diving and drinks... we did a 5 weeker this past summer... got in 51 scuba dives... it was fantastic...

there are so many options if you have $5K... how about cabo...

wow... some of you like to blow thru money... for $5K we can actually go to cozumel and stay for 9 weeks... that includes food/lodging/scuba diving and drinks... we did a 5 weeker this past summer... got in 51 scuba dives... it was fantastic...

there are so many options if you have $5K... how about cabo...

It really comes down to what you enjoy. We enjoy exploring on our own in a car in places we haven’t been. DH can drive anywhere right left or backwards but Mexico is a hard no for him. Our last trip to Mexico was Cancun no car. We hated it, we are not resort rats. We felt trapped. The po po in Mexico is a no no for my retired chippy.

We spent 3 weeks in Thailand for our honeymoon,flew business class lay flat seats, 5 star accommodations, 2 week car rental. Had a blast,spent no where near 5k.

To each their own

It really comes down to what you enjoy. We enjoy exploring on our own in a car in places we haven’t been. DH can drive anywhere right left or backwards but Mexico is a hard no for him. Our last trip to Mexico was Cancun no car. We hated it, we are not resort rats. We felt trapped. The po po in Mexico is a no no for my retired chippy.

We spent 3 weeks in Thailand for our honeymoon,flew business class lay flat seats, 5 star accommodations, 2 week car rental. Had a blast,spent no where near 5k.

To each their own

yep... I'd never go to cancun either... cozumel isn't the same as cancun... go to cancun and ask for trouble...

go to cozumel for the diving...some of the best diving in the world...

If you liked Thailand you should try Bali... its an amazing place to see...you can even go to the Komodo Dragon Island while there...

we travel a bunch on frequent airline miles... have not paid for a flight in 10+ years... so our cost for vacations is a bit cheaper than the $5K :)

I (an INTJ) just can't hang around people (mostly strangers) for more than a week. 10 days is the longest travel I took. I was more than itching to come back.

I sure hear that! For me it's not necessarily the people but the degree of stimulation (I'd be considered an HSP, or "highly sensitive person" - check out the book by Elaine Aron if you're interested). Anyway DH and I don't tend to like cruises, for example, for that reason. But I'd probably pick #2 or#3 because we actually like staying in the same place as a home base (with a kitchen or kitchenette) for a longer time and taking our time to explore an area. We've done Hawaii that way many times and love it. We love walking, sitting at cafes talking and people watching, exploring shops and doing some of the local museums, etc. I don't like too many things planned in a day. And I'm usually happy to get back home!

I picked the 1 week/$5K option. Like others, about a week in any one location is plenty for me. If I had 2 weeks, I'd spend each week in a different location. As for cost, our our 1 week "splurge" vacations in the past for the two of us have come out to around $3K, so we would just work to spend more :).

Back
Top Bottom