Post your mortgage interest rate

Hmm... I'll bite. Sounds like you took out the mortgage 2 years ago (2005). Where did you find 2.6% rate for 30 year fixed:confused: What's the secret?

I live in Japan.

OK, thanks. What are the inflation rates there for the last two years?

In 2003 we paid off our 7% fixed mortgage with a HELOC. By 2006 our variable rate rose from 3.5% to 7% and we only had $15,000 left on it. I paid it off with a charge card, 2.99% for 1 year and then it dropped to 1.99% until it's paid off. While I hate the idea of it on a charge card, the rate drop made it worth it. We still think of it as "the mortgage".

Last edited:
5.75% on 20 yr fixed. 16 yrs to go very likely I will pay off early.

Psst..now ask what the interest rates are for money market and cd's... ;)

Actually as has been shown...deflation is possibly a larger problem in Japan than inflation.

I think i'd take inflation.

5.25% 15 year. We had a down payment of 40% when we bought the house. We are accelerating payoff. About 7 years till payoff at the current payment level. We owe about 30% of the current market value.

We will downsize. I will payoff when we ER in 4 years.

Mortgage? We don't need no stinkin' mortgage. :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

CJ

4.125% fixed 5 year balloon on the house I'm selling next year. Unfortunately the payment comes up in May, and I don't want to sell until summer, so I'm preparing to come up with the balance (~100K) before selling, and then I'll reinvest after selling.

No mortgage on the planned permanent house.

6.375% 30-year fixed, first payment 10/1/02. Paid it off after four years. Total P&I spent: 110% of purchase price.
Total interest Chase Mortgage won't get: 89% of purchase price.
End of story.

Living rent free, mortgage free. ("Born freeeee - - as free as the wind blows....") Oh well. Sorry to be corny. I REALLY like not paying for a place to live, anyway, other than tax and insurance.

mortgage rate history :

13.75%
10%
8%
5.75%
and out...

4.91% 30 year fixed with 25 years to go. We bought our first house 7 years ago and will sell it in two years, move elsewhere and buy a house for cash.

4.75% 15 year fixed (12 years to go).

I didn't realize it, but it looks like got lucky and re-fi'd near the bottom. (no points/no fee).

4.25% conforming, 15 year fixed

Ditto previous poster, but got lucky with an aggressive internet mortgage company. Luckily, the mortgage was resold to a reputable company a few months later.

I really want to pay off the mortgage, but the low rate makes it hard to justify...

Yeah, you guys with the 4.xx mortgages...keep 'em.

Until cash rates drop under 4.xx% that is...

Wow, you guys have some great mortgage rates.

I paid mine off a couple of years ago, 6.5% 15 year mortgage. I am now dumping about $50k into it to fix things that are broken (dry rot, crumbling retaining wall, sliding doors which had fogged, new chimneys that were starting to lean ...).

Yesterday I fixed the rodent problem by adopting two kittens from the humane society. :D They are soo cute !

Back
Top Bottom