Pre Retirement Investing

DoubleDown

Dryer sheet aficionado
I have some taxable money (lump sum plus DCA) that I am looking to invest twice per month before retirement. This money will be used after retirement (in 11 years) to supplement my COLA pension and to aid in reducing the need to tap my 401K and Roth IRAs too soon. I want to keep this pretty simple. I have been looking at possible canidates of OAKBX (Oakmark Equity Income), OAKGX (Oakmark Global), PRWCX (TRP Cap Appreciation) and a heavy dose of VWAHX (VG High Yield TE). Any other suggestions or comments? Thank for your help. DD :D

Oakmark Global you are paying a high Fee ratio for sub par performance. FSIIX an international index fund has outperformed it with a .2 fee ratio. I would say you would be better served to look at Vanguard,Fidelity or TRowe Price for a similar fund with less fee's.

I'd pick a low cost target retirement fund corresponding to whatever risk level I was comfortable with (perhaps one that is much "farther out" than the actual retirement year given your COLAd pension). Or maybe go all in for stocks, with 80% total market and 20% international.

I'd set up an automatic electronic deposit twice a month.

Then I'd ignore it for 11 years.

Back
Top Bottom