Preparing for the 22nd Century

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting idea. While it may be possible to find a piece of property that would least be affected by what we believe to be the future results of climate change, the truth is that we have no way of predicting what forces will adversely affect property selection a hundred years from now.

The property you select today could be next to a nuclear waste dump or worse 100 years from now.

Maybe it would be best to just leave your relatives some money instead.

Think about the costs and who pays. I live in an area where many bought land to build their dream retirement home. Much of the land is now a tax trap as the original owners quit paying years ago and new ones appear to pick up that liability. Someone else mentioned liability in case some fool goes full Darwin on your property.

Very melodramatic, but hey if that’s how you feel do it.

My husband and I lived on a lot of wooded acreage, secluded and all that in upstate NY. Now older we down sized and have essentially no land- a tiny house in an HOA development in New England.

I hope our son will inherit it and do what he wants. I have no concerns about climate change. It’s the natural cycle of life on earth.

Natural or unnatural, if I knew a place would be a desert in 100 years, I wouldn't make plans to live there. But perhaps the two of you were just looking for a fight. I do hope not.

Thanks to all who actually contributed toward an answer to the question I asked, which was whether it would be wise to buy property for my family's use in a hundred years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom